Wednesday, August 10, 2016

WOYWW #375

Welcome to WOYWW…the “What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday”  blog hop created by Julia at the StampingGround.


It’s been a frantic week!  I’m very happy to report I actually completed 82% of the techniques from the Creative Chemistry 103 online class taught by Tim Holtz.  That is a record for any of the online classes I have done!  Some have been quite successful…some…let’s just say need some work! LOL! (see the liquid landscapes below!)

So the desk looks fairly clear and organized for such craziness-but that’s because I just couldn’t work in the chaos that my desk and table have become, and literally shoved everything into a drawer: not a good solution, I know.  The alcohol inks are still out so I can rework the liquid landscapes…and the inks I used for the Grit-Paste technique are still out, as is the stencil I used.  A few odds and ends…really not bad at all; but this weekend I need to clean out the drawer.  I have one more evening to play and upload to the class before they close the galleries tomorrow.  Depends on how hot/humid it gets; they claim the heat index will be over 100…Ugh!

 Here is a technique called Alcohol Liquid Landscapes on Yupo paper....the package holds 10 sheets...I got 2 panels from each...And I used 7 sheets.  I really want to master this one...it fascinates me!!!  I have gotten better...3 packs are being shipped as we speak...My other class posts are prior to this one if you want a gander.

So that’s me; now go back to Julia’s to portal off to other creative desks.  Have a great week everyone.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, seeing a lot of people using Yupo now, it's getting very popular. I can see the appeal, I like the landscapes. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! 82% of the Creative Chemistry. Well done to you. I tried the YUPO/alcohol inks .. very pleased with my one "abstract" make though!

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #11

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness - how ever many pieces did you make? These look good. Well done.
    Hope you get everything uploaded before the deadline.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #23

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy WOYWW. I nearly became a TH Addict 'back in the day', but managed to escape before I started to buy everything with his name on! I will definitely read all of your posts to learn more about what you have been doing. Ali x #34

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love those. It looks like stained glass. Gorgeous. Dorlene #48

    ReplyDelete
  6. 82%?? That's a very precise figure! How does that work out then? I like your mad acid landscapes actually, especially the one with the lemon skies, I think that's really good :-D
    HUgs, LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!