Sunday, August 7, 2016

Creative Chemistry Day 5: Alcohol Inks and Yupo Papers

 Nearing the end of this phenomenal Online Card Classes course taught by Tim Holtz.  It has been great learning new techniques and variations of others for all the mediums, supplies and stash I already had. Plus, like today, makes me remember how much I like playing with alcohol inks...and this new Yupo paper is pretty cool stuff!

Like the other days, This is my main blogging page, and the following 3 posts are just to get photo's to link up with the class gallery.  

I'll admit; I was blown away with the Fluid Landscapes, so that is all I worked on that night.  And when Tim says "One hot mess"...he meant it!  But like he also said; it does get better.  I'm still not to great, but definitely better.  So here is my final attempt of the night (my previous attempts are on my Instagram site: pussnflutes). 


I did finally get around to the Faded Textures, Faded Layers and Stamp Resist...and I think the results are definitely clearer than on regular glossy papers.

This is the Stamp Resist; which does need to be thought out, or at least approached backwards...but can be very effective.  The stamp is by Clarity Stamps, and the saying is from Verses.



This was the Faded Layers, on the Translucent Yupo...very cool effect--even if the photo doesn't really show it off too well.

And Finally, the Faded Textures; also on Translucent Yupo...Yes, I'm hording the regular pack for more of the Fluid Landscapes...until I get more...which will be ordered tomorrow...along with more gesso...

So there is a majority of the Day 5 lessons; with luck I'll get to the remaining 2 before the week is over.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!