Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Creative Chemistry 103 Day 1

I’m so excited that Tim is doing another Creative Chemistry class over at Online Card Classes!  And for once, I only needed to pick up a few items from the supply list…Yay!  But of course, my Simon Says Stamp order hasn’t arrived yet, Boo! , so I’m missing the DIY ink pad for day 1, and I couldn’t find my Picket Fence ink pad, so I only managed to explore 3 of the first 5 techniques. 

So up first: Distress Off-set Stamping.  I didn’t think I’d like this, as it would make your eyes go oggy.  I was wrong...this is amazing! I probably didn’t off-set it enough… though I really tried on the second Iris. I was using the mini MISTI, so thought I could control it better. So it’s hard to see, but it’s there. The stamp is from Our Daily Bread Designs, and the saying is from a Hero set.  I think I used all of the Distress Purples on it.   

My next technique was the Distress Washed Watercolor.  I don’t have the Distress Micro-Glaze, but I have the original Judikins Micro-Glaze, which I think I’ve used once in 5 years.  I’m thrilled its still usable.  While I didn’t put enough in the center of the image, I think when I buffed it out I spread it out too much along the edges.  The stamp is from a limited editions set Tim did for Simon Says Stamp.

And then, since it was out, my final experiment was on the Distress Micro-Glaze Resist.  This is Awesome!!!  I only got as far as a tag, as at this point it was way past my bedtime, and just couldn’t think of how to finish it…but that little jar of glaze is going over to my art journaling station!  I love how everything layers over it.


So there is Day 1.  As this is only 1 week, I should be able to stay current with all the lessons…so stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. All beautiful!! It's great you've been able to try 3 of the techniques... I'll be lucky to get one a day done, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all beautiful. Have not used micro-glaze, and now I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!