Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Creative Chemistry 103: Day 2 Post 2 Distress Paint Lifting

Since I watch the class videos during my lunch hour, it made for a long afternoon as I couldn’t wait to try this this evening.  I had posted a question after watching the video if we can substitute gesso for the picket fence distress paint, and Tim replied…”I’m sure you could, give it a try”…so here we go.

Studio Gesso is the left page, and the Distress Paint is on the right.  I admit, I wasn’t overly careful on the application, and it was pretty thin so it could dry while I did the resist technique…
My first impression: the following paints seemed to stick and stay put on the gesso, but they were slipperier on the distress paint.  Acted sort of like a glazing agent had been applies as I was spreading them around.  But aside from that, the technique worked the same, and visually I can’t tell the difference. 

I tried not to overthink the paints, but then once done, while pleased with the techniques, the rest of my page idea sort of fell apart.  So out came a new stamp set (Woodware)…and I should know better, as I rarely get good stamped images once the book has been worked in.  I tried to use the MISTI to get a solid surface behind the page, but I only have the mini one, and as it becomes enclosed with the frame, it’s pretty much impossible.  And as these were clear stamps, I couldn’t hand hold them to push them down; I would have tried if they were on cling foam.   Ah well.  I’ll try another this weekend.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!