Wednesday, May 16, 2012

CC2C #5: Shattered Stain-yness

Good morning-well, for me!  Two days and I leave to take Tim's classes at Absolutely Everything!! I can't believe I'll actually get to meet him, be inspired by him in person, and just generally bask in his aura!!! And in keeping with Tim's awesomeness, his second edition to the Compedium of Curiosities has prompted Linda at Studio L3 to lead us on another great challenge series. 

This week we are on Page 48, Shattered Stains.  I loved this during the Creative Chemistry class, but I loved the results even more today.  I didn't want to do the butterflies, but I only had scraps of grungeboard, so they are what fit.  Then I used grungepaper on the butterfly border, and that worked well too. 
Oh, and I have to say....I LOVE the new spring colors!! So glad they came with reinkers...


Now, again, while trying to resist the butterflies, I found some gears I had cut a while ago, and hit up with copper and silver Adirondack Dabbers., so I thought I'd give this technique a try over the paint.  The copper was hit with Peeled paint, and the silver with Stormy Sky stains. These aren't as shattered looking, but they did become sorta brassy and pewtery.  Good to know!

So now, go visit Linda and see what the challenge is about; you have until Thurs. night to jump in on this week,. Oh, and there are prizes! Simon Says Stamp is this weeks sponsor!! And we're only on #5, so theres plenty of curiosities left! Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Kim, I'm so glad you got to go to Tim's class, and I'm sure you had an awesome time! You did a FABULOUS job on the Shattered Stains technique-- the butterflies are gorgeous, and I love seeing how the technique worked using different colors. Great job, al the way around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!