Wednesday, November 30, 2016

WOYWW #391

All Right.  This is serious…somewhere the universe went into cut time, and that is just not acceptable! How can we only have 31 more days left in the year???    And it’s Wednesday again, which at least lets us take a break and visit The StampingGround to explore What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday, conceived by the wonderful Julia!

I have to confess; not the most current look to my desk; I took this picture when I thought I was done for the weekend, since I never get there Monday or Tuesday nights…but then after dinner I went up to get wrapping paper, and then finished the card…but neglected to take another picture. 

So this is the step where I’m waiting for my Colorburst backgrounds to dry.  I used Ken Oliver Watercolor paper, as it usually stays pretty flat.  I don’t like heat setting them right away, as I think they lose some of the brightness.  That could just be me. The one on the left is a mirror image I placed on top of the right one to not waste any of that pigmenty goodness.  The white above will be the top layer—it is for my Sister in Laws birthday.  I had tried using the straw to spread around the gold Liquid Metals, also by Ken Oliver; sorta worked…Overall the desk is pretty clean, as I’ve learned to move everything away when using Colorbursts.  I get color Everywhere! LOL!

So here is the card a few hours later. (I've also since added a few purple and pink tiny gemstones to break up the white.) Also here is the finished Sled Blueprint card that has been sitting on my desk for weeks.  Hettie thought up the distressed snowflakes—brilliant! 


So that’s me; now go back to Julia’s to portal off to other creative desks.  Have a great week everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely looking desk...was just about to ask how it stays so clean when all the cold is about...and answered! lovely cards, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I love the last one - very pretty. 31 days??? OMG - so much to do, so little time!

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K#33

    ReplyDelete
  3. By cut time, do you mean cut common in music? That seems to sum up perfectly how the year has sped up without us noticing! Minims turned into crochets etc....great analogy, wish I'd thought of that one! Cut common seems to cause confusion quite often, I don't mind it but my favourite time signature (geek moment here!) is 6/8....I love it!
    HUgs, LLJ 8 xxx
    PS Your crafting is good too - I got waylaid by music...not the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely butterfly die and colour burst combo.
    sandra de @24

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely cards and journal page!! Have a great weekend! Ginny #45

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now we have just 20 days to Christmas Day, and 26 to the end of the year. I needs to have a word with Ol' Father Time....

    Love the work you've done this week - the sled is too cute!

    Morti @35

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!