Wednesday, November 16, 2016

WOYWW #389---Christmas Rules!

Oh my! I almost missed another Wednesday...where is the time going?  And being Wednesday, it is time to go visit The Stamping Ground, and explore What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday, conceived by the wonderful Julia!


 From this view; my desk is looking pretty good! Step back, and disaster reigns!

 I’m almost finishing up with my Christmas cards.  This particular design is giving me a bit of grief.  I’ve colored all the images, and used the micro glaze resist (Maybe I should have resisted more! LOL!) …and I’m happy with them. But I’m having such issues getting those panels onto cards!  I don’t have enough of that plaid paper to layer them…haven’t seen anything I like in my 3 trips to the “Big 3”…and just don’t want to go to AC Moore: ours is old and so dated!  Though looking now; the gray outline, which is a die…could actually work...maybe I can cut smaller frames to go on top…hmmmm;

I have various other dies lying about. As well as a few paper packs and inks and stains to be put away. 

And here are a few other cards I’ve finished…thank you Pinterest for the pine tree!  That die is Tim Holtz, as is the snowflake stamp.  The Peace Die is from Our Daily Bread Designs.  And you can't see it; but I actually bought a Wink of Stella pen for this one; have to say...pretty nice!!!




















So that’s me; now go back to Julia’s to portal off to other creative desks.  Have a great week everyone.


9 comments:

  1. love that tree, what a great image - both cards are gorgeous, though. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, loving these cards! I saw a tip on a video the other day, for a cheap version of micro-glaze. Believe it or not, lip balm! Apparently it works a treat! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim. Those cards are lovely. The colours in the top picture are beautiful, and I just LOVE the snowflake design one!! I can just imagine God sitting there designing them!!!
    Hope you sort your dilemmas.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas cards, love them to bits. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 14

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I love the red ones. Those are so different. I haven't quite finished mine but am working on them.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #32

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like those stamps - think it's the abstract, scribble style that appeals to me! I don't much like overly fussy stuff so these are the ones I'd buy in the shops!
    Hugs, LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards! As for your dilemma, how about cutting strips from the plaid paper, framing the card base, and glue the image on top? Thanks for visiting my blog! Lindart #38

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful cards! I love using dies for cards... the dimension and texture is just perfect. ❤️ Have a great week! ~Heather~ #47

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are beautiful. The ones on the plaid paper are really fun...especially the sled.
    Have a great rest of the week!
    Hugs,
    Chris #27

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!