Wednesday, November 2, 2016

WOYWW #387

Wow..it feels like forever since I last visited Julia at the Stamping Ground to visit with the What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday Crowd.  It's been a whirl wind month! I had a fabulous weekend with Dyan Reaveley, went on a cruise to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick for our 20th Anniversary, and then pretty much was in a state of exhaustion last week...honestly I didn't know it was Wednesday until it was Friday!  LOL!

But I have been busy in the craft room too..and I can see I'm not alone with the Christmas cards started!  I have a few piles of images ready to color on my lunch hours. I have to say; that MISTI has already made paid for itself!  Stamping on watercolor paper can be a challenge...now I can re ink and stamp to get good dark, crisp images every time! (how sad that I am thinking of asking Santa for the larger one...)  The layers with yellow shading will have gold trees over them.  They are all die-cut and ready for gluing.  And the black card in the back is a test.  Straight from Pinterest...a Tim Holtz stencil, with layering paste and embossing powder.  Once I figure a way to finish it, it might be another design for this year. 

I actually had a ton of photos to share; but they are all on my phone, which I left at work last night, and as I took the whole day off for a 15 minute mammogram (shhhh), I didn't dare go in to get it!

So I am now going up to my craft room, where I have 5 whole hours to myself... lets see what I come up with for that black card!  Now go back to Julia's and visit some more creative desks.  Have a great week everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Yep, I have been so tempted I think there is a huge Misti for scrapbook sized papers and Its on my mental someday list ( just because I could do great big background stamps maybe on the edge of a paper without it getting smooshed when the lid closes kwim? :)
    Stacy #51

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, I too saw the TH stencils being used to make cards on Pinterest, and ended up making a few. I found that as they were so ornate, I could get away with a line of embossing along the sides of the panel, and it was done. Looking at MISTI, and wondering if I can talk myself into it at the moment. Have a great day, Hugs, Shaz #22

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEll Miss Kim, if I could, I would do the same for a mammogram, I mean, a girl deserves a five hour break to get over the squishing! Colouring images at lunch break is a great dedication to your craft and your card recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh lucky you, the weekend with Dyan and the cruise! hope you'll share the photos when you get your phone back. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great desk. I've been considering the larger misti, but hate the price point. Hoping someone will come out with a larger less expensive one. Have a Wonderful Wednesday and terrific week. LisaDV #37

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got some crafting done. Sounds like you had a wonderful time on your cruise and on your workshop weekend.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #38

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the 5 hour break and have a fun time creating. The misti seems pretty kewl maybe one day but for now I'll just do it the old fashion way lol happy woyww hugs Nikki 3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know much about Nova Scotia or New Brunswick..did you enjoy the cruise? It would be interesting to see some pics of it.
    Well done for getting your Christmas cards under way - I do not have a single Christmassy item bought yet! I don't know where the time is going :-D
    Hugs, LLJ 9 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh how WONDERFUL.. Nova Scotia and New Brunswick in the fall... Swoon! Please do share your photos next week... I moved to the other side of Canada and now live in the Rocky Mountains and miss the east coast like crazy! Your Christmas cards look lovely and thank you for reminding me that I have a MISTI... I was trying to stamp on some water coloured backgrounds just yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooops, Happy Belated WOYWW from Lynne in Creston, British Columbia, Canada #47

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!