Wednesday, January 8, 2014

WOYWW #240

Happy WOYWW Everyone! That is short for “What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday”, the brilliant blog hop initiated by our lovely hostess, Julia at The Stamping Ground….and you can see all the deets there.

So…this week my work desk has been my work room!!  Last week I was forced by my husband to show my room in all its post holiday distress.  Shockingly, not only did that not frighten many of you, you all sided with me that it was to be expected with all the holiday busyness.  But as promised; I did spend the weekend putting together my new bookshelf and re-organizing.  Now, the new bookshelf is a lot shorter and smaller than I expected; bummer. And my binders of U/M stamps don’t fit there, so I still have some figuring to do; and the bookshelves that were moved to the far wall still need a serious sit-down and sorting of all the paper.  But, nevertheless..Taah Dah. (Even the carpet has been vacuumed;. not that it will save it; just saying…)

Poor Dakota is looking for her bones and peanut butter jars that had been buried under all the wrapping paper and detritus of the holiday…little devil! I found 4 jars!!! She must have been stashing them up there since November! LOL! You can see the 2 bookshelves that still need a bit of sorting; and the music stand that needs to get put in another corner, after I move the Holiday stamp box and paper stack that’s behind Dakota’s rump.  But both desks are clean and ready for me to start crafting!!

What I liked of the bookshelf is that on the left side there are two adjustable shelves; perfect reaching distance for my bins of stains and inks; nice to get them up off the floor where they risked being stepped on. So for now it has some die storage; my cool TH Metal box for his U/M Sheets, and some papers that will go somewhere else.

Wheww! I feel better; maybe not cured like my Husband figured; but good to start the year with that out of the way!  So, now go visit Julia and start hopping to work desks that actually show creative work! Have a great week everyone!



9 comments:

  1. WOW, you have been busy! looking good, I hate it when a plan does not come together. I just managed to get my shelves from my Mom's place yesterday, now to dust them and put the albums in...hope they all fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, it seems we're all having a bit of a tidy up and I too have bought some shelves for my desk to help alleviate clutter. I also have a Christmas stamp and paper boxes which I put away in Dec but have already pulled them down from the high shelf and started making the odd card...so they're living onn the floor. Have fun and mess up, cheers RobynO#55

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good start and at least has made you realise what you need to do next! My ribbon box stayed tidy for ..ooh, all of 5 mins!! There's just no way that I can stay permanently tidy. It just will never happen. At least I'm not fooling myself :-)
    Poor old Dakota, she's looking bereft....you'll just have to get some crumpled paper for her to have a rootless around in again, lol!
    Hugs, LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. my you have been busy and I'm sure when you finish you will have it just as you want it..and it looks good to me and is a great big space have a good week ahead and happy crafting Andrea #19

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you are a busy girl! Love all the space you have for crafting and fun stuff. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #104

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I would never have felt frightened! You can't even see my floor in my craft room! I really have to find time to throw stuff and put things away or it will just get worse. The awful part is no one can help me!!! patsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim
    I think you have done a great job with clearing your craft room, the men just don't understand that some bits and bobs have to stay out as we reach for them every time we crafte
    Have a great WOYWW today and enjoy the rest of your week
    Hugs Ria #6

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I came out of the blog and came back in just to check I was in the right place!
    I have never seen that cabinet with the lickle drawers in. Can it be flat packed for me to take home?
    Glad to see it all looking nice and ready for my arrival! Do I bring crunchy or smooth peanut butter for Dakota then?
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am tired just reading all that hard work you did! Girl, you need to sit down, have a cuppa and just look at all the loveliness you created.
    Happy belated WOYWW!
    Tertia #50

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!