Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Creative Chemistry 102---Finally!

OK; The room has been cleaned; the new year is upon us, and I finally got some much needed, actual; as in no need to actually produce a card/gift, etc., inky play time!


I received the Gelli plate for Christmas from my wonderful husband, and fully wanted to just play with that. But, it said not to use inks; so as I had acquired a few of the new Distress Paints, I thought I better start with the Online Card Class: Creative Chemistry 102, taught by the Uber-talented Tim Holtz.  So here are some of my attempts for the Day 1 and Day 2 lessons.  The only one I couldn't do, was the one on an altered surface: Just couldn't find anything suitable at the time. So here they are…


 Here are the Marbling, the Industrial and the Altered Metallic. This last one truly needs practice. I was too tentative with the water...will try again later. (I'm envisioning paper mache ornaments with this!)
 And here are the Embossing with Layering Stencils, Embossing Through Layering Stencils, and Distress Monoprint.  This last one has possibilities; will need to explore further.

Below are the Mixed Media and the distress stamping resist...Love It!!!
















And Finally..some of my first tries with the Gelli plate.  I think I need to acquire some really cheap acrylic paints for this, and also watch some video's; mine just aren't as textured/layered as some others I've seen. But fear not...I have only just begun...Hmm hmm hmm (insert Carpenter's music here)

OK, gotta run.  Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!