Monday, March 25, 2013

Pattern Play Day 4


Day 4’s subject of the Online Card Class “Pattern Play” was altering patterned paper. Three techniques were shown, and I went with the distressing and the glittering. (Stitching is right out! Even more so than ironing!)  As I didn’t have a yellow patterned paper I thought would go with the papers I picked for the leaves, and I don’t have white core cardstock, I went with using distress ink instead of sanding. I used Mustard Seed and Shabby Shutters Distress Stickles for the striped leaves, and Enamel Accents on some of the dots on the flowered leaf. And, has anyone else had the white enamel accent separate?  And no amount of shaking got it mixed…any suggestions?

So, overall, I’m not thrilled with this card, I think the striped leaves are too busy. They could have been layered better, but the glitter, etc. was still wet so I just sorta plopped them down.  Perhaps a whitewash, except then the glitter would look weird.  But the distressing part will fit nicely into my toolbox!
 

1 comment:

  1. There was I liking your card and then you start picking holes in it! Leave it alone!! It looks great! And your course sounds interesting too. Off to peak at the others below!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!