Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pattern Play; Day 1


Day 1! And I admit, this was a lot harder than I thought! And not just the cutting into the stash either! LOL!  I am drawn to pattern paper with the voraciousness of an addict! But once home, they just never seem to work with any project I’m working on. Unless it’s a single sheet, which I won’t use..because, you know…I might need it, later….

So, I finally settled on Déjà vu’s Global Trek stack, which I bought years ago.  It has some nice non-busy patterns, so I finally found 3 to work with.  I went with the third technique, because, quite frankly, I couldn’t get the cuteness of the first two techniques’ samples out of my head. Also, cutting the first die to break the layer fascinated me.  I got to use my new Sizzix Framelits…which cut Grunge paper, by the way.  I’ve been too afraid to try that with the spellbinders dies.



 

As I don’t have small enough alphabet dies, and I’m not sure I liked that part anyway, I went with the butterfly, which I coated with Rock Candy Distress Stickles (well, rock candy distress glue—I seem to be out of the stickle part), and kinda squished it up while it dried to form it.  I added some pearls for the body, and some twine…and I have to say, I’m rather pleased with the way it came out. A few more tweaks maybe, as I get more comfortable, but still pleased. 

So, Day one complete, I picked up some nice pointers…stay tuned for day 2!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!