Wednesday, June 20, 2012

CC2C #10--Tissue Wrap Flowers

Hello everyone!  Welcome to the 10th week of Linda's Studio L3 Compendium of Curiosities 2 Challenge, based on Tim Holtz's fab book.  This week our assignment was Tissue AWrap Flowers, found on page 37.  And, as an added bonus, The Funky Junkie Boutique is the sponsor, offering up a gift certificate!
So, here is my attemp: and I will admit to being more than a bit sceptical...Things seemed to be going awry...it's that folding thing with me..but then, all of a sudden, the light dawned, I was pulling the wrong way, and Bam! A flower was born!  And since I apparently didn't hit center with the staple, I thought it looked more like a pansy.  So I hit the center with mustard seed Distress Stain, and the Edges with Dusty Concord...I probably could have used some Adirondack  Washes, but I get really messy with those, and figured I screw it up some how, and went with more subtle.  Well, for the flower...definately not the tag! LOL!  The backgournd is Mustard Seed and Rusty Hinge Distress Stains, the images are all Dusty Concord DI. And, notice the flourish? That is a 2 part stamp from Rubbernecker Stamps...the 2nd stamp is stippled so that you get that cast-off, 2nd image look, from a 1st generation ink hit, and you always know what you'll get!  Pretty cool, and one of my new sets from the Heirloom Stamp Show.  The daisy is from Inkadinkadoo and the saying from Impression Obsession.  Now, as The Compendium didn't specify a way to attach said flower to the tag, and Multi-Medium I'm sure will work, it just hadn't set yet, so I didn't dare touch the tag to put the finishing ribbons, etc.  Hopefully tonight it will be "stuck" and I can finish it and put it up on my "Challenge Board".

In the meantime, there is still some time left to join in.  See Linda's for the details, and go get tissuey...and there is a new challenge starting on Friday...Have a great week everyone, and if in the North East..stay cool!!

3 comments:

  1. oh gosh this is one,brilliant tag Hun those colours are simply amazing,hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty tag there Kim! And I have just realised that I now have an extra week to join in Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!