Monday, May 9, 2011

Mom's Day Cards





Thank you for the suggestions on helping me put the finishing touches on one of the mothers Day Cards. The Clematis Stamp (PSX) just fits on a card front, with very little room for matting, so I ended up just mirroring the oval with a purple that matched the flowers details. The ribbon really didn't do much, visually, but did add some texture.










The Sunflower (Inkadinkadoo) was done with distress Mustartd Seed, Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo, with some Walnut Stain on the edges and Linen to get reid of the white paper. I then used the Vintage Photo and Mustartd Seed Stickles to add some texture and sparkle--which of course didn't show up on the photo.


This card is actually a gift card holder, using the Sizzix 3-d Pop-up Gift Card Die. Took a while to figure out how to assemble it, but it is pretty cool! It has its own small frame, which was too small for the image, so I used the Tim Holtz On the Edge Bracket Die to make the frame.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, and that all you Mother's had an especially great day (I was told by my husband that until I give birth to a kitten or puppy, I'm not really our babies' Mother! Hurumph!) Have a great crafty week!

1 comment:

  1. Both your cards are beautiful, I love the vibrant colours you used for the sunflower. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!