Wednesday, June 6, 2018

WOYWW #470


Happy WOYWW! WOYWW? You ask?  It is the What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground where we open our craft room doors to show what our work desks look like on Wednesday.  And to show what fun crafty items everyone is working on. 

I’ve received some lovely ATC’s from LLJ, Helen, Monica, Diane and my PIF Cardarian (Dolores). I love how creative everyone is! I’m hoping my wayward mailings have finally reached their  
recipients.










And now, for the desk: As of last night in between dinner getting done and attending a Facebook Book Party…really…like the Scholastic Book Fair from school, but on Facebook.  Bought some books for my grandson, but will keep them at our house, as I know his parents don’t read to him.  Don’t get me started on that!!! I’m working on a birthday card for a co-worker.  The new 2-part stamp set is from Rubbernecker Stamps…they have such cool stamps, and I did some serious spending at their booth.

So, back to the desk; I tried using the Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks…I thought I had seen them used on stamps somewhere, but I had less than stellar results.  In the background are the Nuvo Mousse’s I bought at the show, some stencils piled up, and then all the paints, water brushes, and mess from last week that I literally just pushed back to make room for the stamp platform. But, you know me; that’s how I roll.

And, might as well show the annual stamp show pilgrimage results.  This year had 8-10 less vendors than last year.  It’s kinda sad, I wonder when they will call it quits. On the other hand, we got to them all (and strongly supported the independent companies financially!)  and even got to watch some demo’s. 



Looking at the photos, I’m surprised how few stencils I bought, since I thought they were my latest obsession.  Apparently not, and the new obsession is the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse; Trying hard not to acquire all the colors. And Yay Me! Only 3 Christmas stamps!  And of course: Paper…getting pretty good at judging how much paper I use in the year.  I just ran out of the black layering paper last week! 


And finally, a Journal spread using the new Nuvo Mousses (Moussi? LOL!) and stencils. The page on the left is my attempt at this cool 3-D effect using the gray one as a base.  The right side started as a clean off page for the stencil. You can't tell from the photo, but there is a very nice shimmer to all the colors.

So, there you have it.  Now jump back to Julia’s and see some more creative spaces.  Stay Crafty, my friends!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun at the craft fair Kim. Some cool stash there. Love the shimmer of those journal pages. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wonderful ATC has most definitely reached the shores of sunny Wales - thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to send it (love the heat changing stamp btw!). It looks like you've got a lot going on craft-wise, way more than my feeble efforts. And I know everyone is different in this world, but reading to your kids is surely one of life's simplest and most rewarding pleasures?!
    Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,lovely artwork here. I too would be shocked by people not reading to their kids. Reading is one of the joys of life. A lot of craft shows over here are getting smaller every year too. Such a shame.
    Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #19 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, lovely collection of ATCs and that cake stamp is very useful. Pleased to see I'm not the only one that's been shopping. Happy woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your art Journal pages.. so much colour and texture!
    Happy purchases too.. always love seeing the raw materials of crafting... enjoy them!

    Sumbunneh hugs x
    Erika #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always buying stencils.... love your collection of atcs;
    I haven't got any scribble sticks but have seen them used on stamps, so keep trying! Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing all the ATCs you got for your growing collection.

    You bought more products from companies than I OWN. I'm serious. My art is comprised of found objects, mostly. I love what you bought, though, but I have a love for stencils, so was surprised to not see more. Happy WOYWW from # 2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!