Wednesday, June 20, 2018

WOYWW #472

Welcome to What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday!  The wonderful blog hop created by Julia in The Stamping Ground, and now in it's 9th year!!


Real quick for me (and late for most of you) as I was actually (gasp!) working in the craft room on Wednesday! I had to run down to print another photo for my Wanderlust lesson, and jumped on the blog while the printer was warming up..good thing!

So what you see is the first side of the lesson from Kasia Avery.  Trees was this month's theme, and this one was to incorporate black/white photos with  colored backgrounds and get different moods.  This is the dark mood.



I've got paint out, stamps piled up, those filled water brushes are there in the back... the paper (actually plastic) plate is my palette.  I'm not ever sure what is pushed in the back of the desk!!

Oh..yes, my new addiction; to replace my patterned paper addiction.--there is a new journal back there...with water color paper...really nice watercolor paper...like, so much better than my art watercolor paper that I'll probably never use it watercolor paper.    See it...the dark blue book with the vellum strap?  (and it came with a travel brush and watercolor pencils!) 



And here the the last two ATC's to arrive from Kelly and Nikki .  Everyone was so creative this year!!

So, I gotta run, I'll visit tomorrow.  Have a crafty week everyone!



10 comments:

  1. I finally caught up with the wanderlust lessons, but so far haven't been inspired enough by any of them to do any myself! Your trees page is great though. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, glad you made it. I have an art journal that I didn't use for years as I thought it was too nice. I finally broke into it this year. You'll get there don't worry. Some great art projects on your desk. Have a good week. Sarah #19

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sincere apologies for the late visit. I had an internet meltdown that required a reboot from my carrier and a service repair person who came out and performed his magic.

    I was impressed with your moody tree journal page. It is beautiful. Very mood inspiring in fact.

    I love how you describe your new journal. It sounds too good to use, but I hope you eventually break down and use it before it gets messed up and you can't use it.

    Isn't it great to get belated happy mail? Enjoyed seeing the last of your anniversary ATCs. Happy belated WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ATCS! Wish I could have participated, but it was right when we were moving. There is always next year! :) Happy WOYWW! #32

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of crafting loveliness on your desk, including your project with the trees - beautiful. Thanks for sharing today - Hazel, WOYWW 472 #17 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Kasia prompt piece, STUNNING!
    I'm always pushing crafty stuff up on any work surface I can find to make room to craft there's always something I need hidden amongst it.
    It's a good feeling when you can find a paper that works right for you, I use my (Not so good) watercolour card for mop ups it's a good way to use it all up! Sounds like you have found just the ticket with your new watercolour journal.
    Happy Crafting & Thank you for sharing those wonderful received ATC's.
    Tracey #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love those pages.. stunning. I look forward to seeing what you create in your new watercolour journal. Thank for sharing. Caro x #24

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim. Oh dear - I'm losing the plot. Read your post and thought "Black and white photos with coloured background"???!!! How on earth... then realised the PAGE is the coloured background... Oh dear! Glad you understood what was needed.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I love your desk and your rush rush enthusiastic post, the somber trees page looks marvellous, all autumnal squalls and blistering winds. The story of the new but probably never to be used journal. Totally get it. I would say allow a minimum of 15 months to ‘get over it’. In the meantime, buy another version!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've GOT to use that beautiful water colour paper! No ifs or buts, life is too short...so use it and love it, it's only paper! I'll stop being bossy now, shall I ?! Lol xx
    Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!