Wednesday, May 30, 2018

WOYWW #469

Happy WOYWW! WOYWW? You ask?  It is the What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground where we open our craft room doors to show what our work desks look like on Wednesday.  And to show what fun crafty items everyone is working on. 

First; for all the overseas deskers, of which there are 10 of you that I sent ATC cards to: I am an idiot! Knowing our Global postage stamp is round, I grabbed my Solar Eclipse stamps thinking I was good to go.  Nope!  They are square stamps with a round image…not the same thing, and a few have already come back. They are being sent back out with proper postage as I get them.  But, as a neat note…hold your thumb over the dark image and see what happens when it warms up!! 

Second: Sarah Brennan!!! Every week I mean to do this: Thank you for all your visits and comments! I do get to visit your blog but from my phone only, and then for some reason I have a 50/50 shot at leaving a comment back.  So thank you again…and I am lurking! LOL!


And Finally…my desk, as it was Sunday, and today.   Ever since my first class with Dyan Reaveley I’ve had a bug in my head to do what she did, and fill the Tim Holtz water brushes with her spray ink for coloring.  Great idea when you work for Ranger and can get those brushes at a huge discount.  And you know me—and the name of my Blog; I can’t make do with just 5-6 brushes…Nope: Need 29 of them (talked myself out of the white one! Whew!)   So, finally JoAnn’s had a 50% sale, and Bam…they were mine!  Ummm…now to label and fill them.  Notice I got 3 done! Notice the labels aren’t sticking?

 Of course, that was after I spent 4 hours of precious time trying to find my Muse (who must have gone off with my Husband on his Brewing “Research” jaunt with his friend, leaving me a whole day to play, and not a wisp of inspiration. Grr.) The stencils, paints (new Fresco’s under the stencil, and Art Alchemy to the right) where all used to disastrous results, and since this turned out to be quite the project, I decided it was not my day—went downstairs, did some strawberry mojito “research” and watched sappy movies until the Mr. came home.  For the record, I think his research was more intensive than mine. 

So, there you have it.  Now jump back to Julia’s and see some more creative spaces. Stay Crafty!! 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, well I have to tell you that the postage worked fine for me. :) I'm off to try that stamp out now! Thanks so much for thinking of me. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ATC arrived on my doormat this morning (after I'd posted) so thank you very much, I love it!! Hopefully it won't be too long before mine gets to you, I posted it last week so it shouldn't be too long. I like your research methods very much, mine would involve an in depth investigation of gins:-D
    Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just experimented with the stamp! cool effect! thanks for letting me know or I wouldn't have known. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, your blog made me laugh. It is frustrating when the muse has deserted, but the strawberry mojito research sounds like a great substitute! Have a lovely week Heather x #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never got any of those Moon stamps, Kim. They were all gone by the time I learned about them. Have you heard about the ones that are supposed to smell like strawberries and other fruit? My PO clerk says they are supposed to get some, so I'll be checking back on them soon, too.

    Laughed at your brushes incident. I own ONE brush, and I feel quite fortunate, too.

    I am not on G+, so can't leave Sarah messages no matter what. And to think she was my PIF this year!!!

    Glad you got your fix for the day with strawberry mojito research. Bet it was just as well you did that instead of fighting with your muse (grin). Happy WOYWW from # 10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu absolutely did the right thing..sitting at your desk trying to force your muse is absolutely pointless. research of the variety that you chose as an alternative is just as good for you, helps to stop the sulks! Love the 29 pens, makes me smile to know that about you. All that prep and the bl**dy labels don’t stick...I can’t tell you how much clear tape I’d be strangling those pens with! The stamps are so cool, and as you are discovering, lots of us have received without interruption, so I hope you aren’t having too many returned. Still enjoying your card and ATC...the card is next to my PC where it orders me to get on with the boring stuff and back to the Create part of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kim, how nice to mention me. I know people who aren't on google+ seem to have an issue with commenting on my blog, but I haven't worked out a way round it yet. I really don't mind lurkers lol. I know what you mean about needing full sets of things, glad you caught a bargain! Hope the mojo comes back soon. Saarh #8

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strawberry Mojito research sounds like fun! Too bad about your Muse, I hope she turned up, but you did right in not forcing it. It's like when my journal page INSISTS I do something I am not sure of, and I suggest something else, I let it sit with the page until another time. Usually it never listens to me, and it gets it's own way anyway! Sorry I didn't get back to you last week - I discovered today that my comments are no longer sent to my email - I had to discover that they were all on my blog waiting for me! I don't know how that happened! Anyway, have a lovely week, Lindart #25

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous set, I would have to have done the same, if there is a collection of something creative I need it all hee hee!! Look forward to hopefully seeing what you create with them. Thank you for sharing WOYWW, have a super week.
    Tracey #9

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim, Just read your comment you left on my WOYWW post. I live in the states and the lady at my PO said they had been promised the scented stamps, but she had heard nothing since then and has no idea when their PO will get them. Your hubby might know before I get back to the PO, so check with him.

    I've not seen the rocking horse postage stamp. I can't believe I missed it and so did everyone I know. But thanks for thinking of me about it. I bought the carousel horse face at Christmas last year, but that's as close as I got.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim. Really late this week - but getting round folk at last. Sounds like you had quite a day! Hope your ideas all come flooding back soon. Those postage stamps sound fun...
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving all the goodies, Kim. I love water brushes. ATC will post on Monday. I walked out the door without them. Creative Blessings! Kelly #29

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a lot of waterbrushes for sure. Those solar stamps sound fun but I did here you have scratch and sniff ones too now. Mailed out your Atc already May it arrive quickly
    Hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!