Wednesday, January 3, 2018

WOYWW #448--First of 2018!

Welcome to the first WOYWW of the Year! What is this? Why, it is the fantabulous blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The StampingGround where we open our craft room doors to show what our work desks look like on Wednesday.  And to show what fun crafty items everyone is working on. 


My desk: primed for the first Wanderlust 2018 lesson this Friday. I am quite proud of the fact that I completed 80% of the weeks last year, and enjoyed it immensely.  I’m hoping I can continue that pace. But they have taken out the “catch-up” weeks, so we’ll see. I have two journals out because I still haven’t decided which one to go with.  I love the Dylusions ones, and this can go tall or wide.  I love the feel of the Dina Wakely one; but I’m afraid the different textures (she has canvas and burlap pages in there) might intimidate me—and as the whole “journaling” aspect of art journaling intimidates me, it might be too much, um…intimidation.  And if I really like one lesson, I can always repeat it in the Media journal; so I guess my mind is now made up.

Other items: to the left, some goodies from the Funkie Junkie Boutique’s progressive sale; I waited till the bitter end, and only had the stamp set, two sets of burlap ribbon (the red roll above) and a small jar of citrine pebbles left in my cart.  But I saved a bundle! LOL!  I have my Media Scribble sticks, some watercolor crayons, and some paints out; mostly because getting them back where they belonged is beyond me this weekend.  The pile top left has various papers, calendar sheets, etc. that I found in my work office when clearing for the end of the year, and thought would make good collage items.  And to the top right, my 2017 book, along with a pile of stencils underneath.  And the desk is covered with newspapers, left from the paper painting last week-so that just adds to the overall messiness of it.

Oh, and at the top edge, you can see the floor, still covered with all the Christmas stamps, etc.  I plan on stamping a bunch of images, then coloring them through the year.  Yup…check back with me in a few months to see how that goes!

So here is my desk, now hop back to Julia’s and portal off to other creative desks around the world.  And even if I don’t get to leave comments, know I do peek on almost everyone during my wait times for the printer or on hold on the phone...my few moments for a creative sanity check while at work.  Stay Crafty, my friends!


13 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, loved reading as you talked yourself into which journal to use, lol. Great buys there. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo it all looks so yummy. Enjoy your classes - one day, when I have a bit more time i will join in - looks fab.
    Happy New Year !
    Soojay 23

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello fellow class mate,I enrolled just in time,on sunday evening, I did the course in 2016 but did not manage to do a lot of the classes software I die not enrolled last year but couldnt resistent anymore,Vicky#31

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have started wo different journals but never stick with it. Kudos to you or getting 80% of the journal projects done. I have heard of Dina Wakely. I should check her out. Happy New Year! #34

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Kim. Enjoy your journalling with Wanderlust!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've signed up again, despite doing not ONE project from last year... this year WILL be different... ahem... Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that’s a good idea Kim, wish I’d done that before I put my Christmas stamps back into the storage box in the roof space! colouring a few here and there would allow for much more labour intensive and detailed cards. I laughed out loud a bit at the impending intimidation, sorry! I know how good the Wanderlust series has been, but I have to say losing the catch up weeks is intimidation enough for a slacker like me!
    You seem right on it gal, right at the beginning of the year...go you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely new goodies there. Look forward to seeing some of your journal pages. Finally I would like to wish you a great woyww and a very Happy and creative New Year, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is a lot of lovely goodies! Hehe that's a good idea with the Journals, make it fun and easy, not scary. Have a great week.
    Ellie #24

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great idea, stamping up loads of images and then colouring through the year - we shall remind you, don't fear!! LOL!! And well done in the sale, I've done a lot of window shopping but am determined to get through my stash first before spending any more money!
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Kim, thanks for the visit. I LOL at you shuddering about the gym! I too am intimidated by the textures in the DW journal.. I start my Christmas cards on August 1st and generally by Mid-October I am done. I started this practice about 2 years ago and it's really worked for me. COME TO THE CROP!!! Claire #26

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely pile of awesomeness waiting to happen! Have a wonderful 2018, Lindart #27

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the idea of stamping out the images - I have done a few and ...yes... it's lovely to have them all ready to use.
    Look forward to seeing your progression with your journals.
    Take care
    Christine #28

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!