Wednesday, January 17, 2018

WOYWW #450

Another Wednesday almost got by me...so I almost missed the Hump-Day Blog Hop created by Julia at the Stamping Ground--nicely coined "What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday".

My desk this week,something new!! Yup, shiny, glittery water brush markers!!  And aside from the glittery part, the most shocking thing....are you ready?   I wasn't going to get them; decided I was good with my Distress markers; but Hubby and I were flipping through the channels late one night, and on the Home Shopping Network was a crafter's workshop segment, and they just started demoing them, and I said, "oh, love those colors", and he said why don't you get them?  and I said I was OK, didn't really  need them.  Hubby got all indignant (as an aside, he also wants to get me the Scrapbox 3.0 that he sees on Facebook; I said to wait till when we downsize, and he seems so hurt!), so the next morning I went on line; they still had some sets available, and Bam!...they belong to me!! Next week I'll have samples!

The rest of the desk...all the supplies for my 2nd lesson on the Wanderlust adventure.  Actually painting with the acrylics and inks...so far I've only used them for Gelli plate printing and stenciling...this involved brushes and canvas; quite scary!  And so far only mirrored the teacher, but I have a canvas ready to start that I'm hoping will be more my path-now that I feel I have the technique- and we'll go from there.  

And here is the finished canvas.  It is an interesting process.  I can't even tell you how many layers of paint are on there!

So that is my desk for the week! I'll get around to visiting later this week, as its too late now. Have a great week everyone.


5 comments:

  1. what a great interpretation of the class! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim. What a lovely hubby!! Great surprise for you to be told to go get the pens. My John was so like that! Always telling me to go buy the items... Well done on the scary work with that canvas. I can only imagine how many layers of paint there are! Looks like lots.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, you've got further with lesson 2 that I have although I have downloaded and watched all 3 videos! I was waiting for some fluid acrylics that I ordered, but they are now in the post so I'll have to get on with something once they arrive. I don't have any 12" x 12" canvasses so will have to make do with 8" x 8". The Sparkle pens are great; I don't have those colours (yet) but I do have all the previous colours and they are fun to work with. Look forward to seeing what you create with them. Have a great week. Sarah #6/26

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated WOYWW. Great pens and great hubby. Mine always looks worried when he sees me with a box/package - and asks what is in it, how much it cost, how much will I use it ..... Love the canvas. Ali x #22

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the detail of the deer.I bought some inks today and going to get a start on my project tomorrow, hopefully. What a sweet husband you have, seen the scrapbox 3.0 and looks very interesting and indeed if you hzve a smaller room. Have a lovely weekend, vicky#5

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!