Wednesday, December 27, 2017

WOYWW #447-Ending the year with a fun mess!!

Hello WOYWW Deskers!  It’s Wednesday, which means its “What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday”, a blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas or Hanukah, and managed to get some crafty play time in as well.  I had intended to spend some time clearing up the holiday collection of stamps, papers, etc., so I could start the new year off with a clean slate; but that sort of, well, not sort of…did fail…epically!  Instead I decided to peruse some of the bonus lesson materials for the 2018 Wanderlust class.  Namely Dynamic Paper Painting, the idea being you will end up with a collection of papers ready to use for the coming year.  We were warned it would get messy.  Oh boy!

 Step one: Clear off everything from my card table turned journaling desk.  Ie; throw all the stacks of papers, stamps, inks, stencils, etc. onto futon or floor.  Step two…make a mess. What great fun!!
Here is where I left everything to dry; Next is to splash/splatter a new color and then add some black. 

And after all this, they will only get torn, layered and painted over to be little snipits of interest peeking through. 


So here is my desk, now hop back to Julia’s and portal off to other creative desks around the world.  And even if I don’t get to leave comments, know I do peek on almost everyone during my wait times for the printer or on hold on the phone...my few moments for a creative sanity check while at work.

And I wish everyone a very Happy, Healthy New Year!!

11 comments:

  1. Ooh Kim those papers look dreamy. Sounds like you had great fun already with more to come. Have a great week and Happy New Year. Sarah #14

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, great papers. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #13 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks SO much fun! I watched that video too and was instantly inspired! Best wishes for 2018! zsuzsa #19

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab deskfull! Happy WOYWW and 2018 Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy WOYWW. Your desk looks really interesting and I look forward to seeing what you do with all those pretty papers. Wishing you a Happy New Year. Tracey #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am liking what I see on your desk and would love to see the next stage. Have a great woyww and best wishes for the New Year. Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what you do with your creations. It looks like you had fun getting inky.
    April #21

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Kim, looks like a very big pile of fun to shift through :) Thanks for the earlier visit, ~Stacy #23

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim, that does sound like great fun. Something I'm sure my grandsons would enjoy. Maybe in the summer .. outside! I don't want my craft room demolishing. Thanks for stopping by, I'm just catching up. Have a wonderful new year, and best wishes for 2018 xx Heather #17

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim, You have been busy.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #11

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pages are very inspiring . . . I'm sure they are to you, too. I love getting messy with ink, paint, fabric . . . even dirt when it's gardening season. I so glad that I found your playful blog. Your newest follower,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!