Monday, March 23, 2015

Online Card Classes Day 3-5.

I’m trying real hard to keep up with the Online CardClass “Stretch Your Dies” so I can at least try all the techniques and post to the gallery before it closes on Thursday.  Oh, and take advantage of the shopping discounts once I see all the cool dies I’ll need once class is done! 

 Day 3 was using basic shape dies.  I couldn't immediately think of a way to use my die inventory on the first 2 techniques, but did manage to work on the 3rd one: Window Flaps.  Of course, not thinking things through, it wasn't until I was at the Vagabond when I realized that I’m using the Tim Holtz Mini Heart die, which is a Mover/Shaper style die; needing the base tray; and really hard to manipulate an on the edge cutting plate to get the flap….Oye!  So, a few tries there, but finally succeeded.   And then as they are not nesting dies, I had to hand cut an outline, because it really did need it.  So while my card is literally thrown together, I do like the technique, and there are some shape dies on “the list” specifically for this style.

Day 4 was using mini-dies, which I don’t have, so I’m filing the techniques away in the back of my mind if I ever get some. 









Day 5 was using Coordinating Dies; these are the dies with the matching stamp sets.  I have a few of these; 2 sets by Tim Holtz and a few by Our Daily Bread. Again with 3 techniques, I went with the 3rd one, the stamped window.  I used the TH set French Flight, with those awesome butterflies. I wasn't sure of the papers when I was done last night, but I liked it this morning when I took a quick picture.  With planning, this technique could be a lot of fun!

I’m hoping to get Day 6 and 7 done Tuesday: I just downloaded the day 7 class videos, and the only alphabet dies I have are the TH Inside Out and Typeset ones…so I have 2 days to think of a plan. 


Thanks for stopping by…and if any of these techniques look interesting, go check out the Online Card Classes site; their classes are offered even if not “live”, where you can access the content forever…and there have been some fantastic tips on how to extend the  dies you have.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!