Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WOYWW #212, err, #213: My where does time go?


Welcome to another What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday…Julia’sfrom the Stamping Ground fabulous idea of opening our craft room doors to allow others to take a peek…nose about; see what everyone is working on…fun stuff for the middle of a week!
This morning, which, for me means as I left it over the weekend, (Do I have to wait another 17 years before I can craft during the week, with no guilt?? If so, I really need to win the lottery!)  are some images I’m coloring to go on some cards for the craft show…see I’m getting prepared!  It's not until Oct., but I just can’t come up with a lot of designs in a short amount of time. These will bemodeled after a birthday card I made for my Mother in Law, with the paper weaving technique from the online class Pattern Play.
The bottles are the Mica Gloss from Judikin’s that I’m still playing with and trying to perfect.  As they have to be well mixed, I’m keeping them lying down, and try to spin them every time I get up there…who knows..it may work really well…or not…we’ll see….
Don’t worry, that knocked over paper cup is empty; I have started using distilled water for my water brushes, misters, etc. since some of my perfect pearl mixes developed a funny smell; our water has so much iron and magnesium, I figured it couldn’t hurt., and I use the cup to pour, as opposed to trying to fill a mister from a gallon jug; because that doesn’t work….just sayin’. Oh, and yes, the bottle: Crispin Hard Apple Cider…my DH found it, and it is very yummy; Strongbow is still my fav, and can be occasionally found in draft at some bars in the US; am so looking forward to my trip in Oct., so I can revive my acquaintance!  LOL!

I also played a bit with some more ATC’s, as our 4th anniversary PIF has reminded me how much I like making them; this is one that is flying over the sea as we speak…and it gave me a chance to use my new TH clipboard die; took a few tries to totally figure out the spacing, and it is pretty darn cool!!!

So, I’ve shown you mine; I’m going to peek in on some of yours…so have a great week everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Butterflies are so pretty, in any shape or form or colour! Happy WOYWW! ♥ Karen ♥ 84 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tag & ATC- been up to tags myself this week. Gorgeous colours. Have a great week,Hugs, Shaz #48 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely ATC's

    Thanks for sharing and have a great week

    Candace #43

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag and atc, great colour choice! Chris117

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked at the clipboard die and passed it over...now I may need it! Love the ATC and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely selection of colouring mediums you have on your desk, You have rather a lot of tim holtz pens there! Looks like you've been busy colouring in those stamped images
    Jackie 29

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is the same with me... I NEED to win the lottery ;) and I, too, rediscovered how I love making ATCs... Have a creative week(end)! Happy ~ belated ~ woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #91

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nowt like being prepared Kim!!
    Now....cider! Didn't realise you liked the apples!! Wait til you try our local pub's cider! I will get you off Strongbow once you have tried Addlestones!!!
    Their curry isn't bad either!
    Pretty ATC there.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your butterflies.I love how iridescent and sparkly they look. I also envy your nice neat work space. I lack organizational skills. So is Westerlo near the Lake George area or on the other side of Albany?? I'm originally fron the Syracuse area. My patient hubby Charlie, his family originates from the Glens Falls, Hudson falls area. We live in NC now. My oldest daughter played the flute for 8 yrs. She was 1st chair. She gave it up in High School. (regretfully; in hindsight) My youngest daughter is a Champion level competative Irish dancer. Anyway, I shall dispense with my family history. I've enjoyed looking through your site. Have a great wknd.
    Kim
    WOYWW #145

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how clever! I had to enlarge the pics and then I saw what you did....put the ATC in the clipboard thingy on the tag! Cool!! Love the sparkle and colors. Happy WOYWW! Nan G #108 running a bit late like a certain rabbit :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!