Sunday, September 23, 2012

CC2C #22:Truely Riveting..

We are on our 22nd week at Linda's Compendium of Curiosites Vol. 2 Challenge. This week, we tackle Tim's Riveted Patchwork, found on page #57. I also got to learn this technique with Tim himself this May at Absolutely Everything. And I had bought this little box then, and now, no excuses...gotta get it done!

Now, as you can see from this straight down shot, I used black and a touch of meadow AI's.  I don't know what is reflected on the other two shots, but I really love that color!!! I'm going to go back in with some latte or ginger to see if I can recreate this. 


So, as I'm early, you still have time to get in on the riveting action! As a plus...The Funkie Junkie Boutique (http://www.TheFunkieJunkie.com) has offered up a $25 gift certificate...so come in and give it a go!


7 comments:

  1. Love it!! Great job on the technique, isn't it fun?!? I really like your take on it, the box is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim! This is mighty fabulous! Love what you have done here! Brilliant job.
    Off to play with my thing in a moment. Just shutting chooks up and lighting the fire. c-c-c-c-cold here at the moment!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I LOVE the box in case you didn't realise!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you gave me an idea! I have a box that is crying for attention...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous entry, might not make it this week, a bit mannic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim, I love this little box! You achieved the perfect patina on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!