Wednesday, April 25, 2018

WOYWW #464


Happy WOYWW! What is this? Why, it is the fantabulous blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground where we open our craft room doors to show what our work desks look like on Wednesday.  And to show what fun crafty items everyone is working on. 

It has been a whirl-wind two weeks!  I just can’t believe May is just a few days away, even if our snow has finally disappeared!  The main cause of the whirl/wind?  My friend Julie and I wend down to Florida to attend the Back to Back Art Journaling Retreat with Dyan Reaveley and Dina Wakley! Three crazy days of art!!   And I don’t want to lose the momentum, so I’m trying really hard to finish up the signatures on the books we made from Dina’s watercolor paper.  We also made books from Dyan’s large journal paper; I never thought I’d ever do that!   
 
So my desk is an ever-loving mess!  There is no room to think!  You see tags that will get tipped in to the journal, some with collage work with Dina’s tissue paper, all with lots of stencils and her glorious paint.  The ultimate goal was to put the journaling back into art journaling, so I still have that to do—the hardest part in my mind!  The scraps top left I’m thinking of weaving somehow to go onto one of the other sets. 

The flowers are for one of the Wanderlust Online Classes with Kasia Avery. As she said, the lesson is a good excuse to buy flowers!  We were to paint flowers with shadows and highlights with early morning light…she did roses, which I thought was safe.  No, my painted roses look nothing like the real ones…I was mostly trying to look into the petals.  Hopefully they will last a few more days so I can get some practice in.  Disregard the paper towel on the floor—LOL!


So, there you have it—my desk in its shameful messy state.  It will have to get tidied if I want to get anything else accomplished.  Now jump back to Julia’s and see some more creative spaces.  Stay Crafty, my Friends.

6 comments:

  1. oh you lucky thing!! I never "journal" in my journals either, it doesn't come at all naturally to me. Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. The class sounds magnificent. What fun it must have been. You are right to try and finish right away it is so easy for the spirit of the class to fade.
    Lovely Wanderlust page for Kasia class. I found the Yupo paper a problem. It is far better with alcohol inks that I bought and played with in a class on Wanderlust with Azoline. I will try to post tomorrow.
    Monica #19

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you what a great workshop. What gorgeous tags too, love them. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x28x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a blast at those workshops Kim. I can't ignore the paper towel on the floor; looks like a great first layer on a page or tag for me lol. Fabulous tags! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

    ReplyDelete
  5. The workshops sound wonderful - I'm so glad you had such a great time! I'm not a journaller either, never have been....and that's ok. I adore those roses you've painted, very classy indeed!
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx
    PS And the paper towel doesn't worry me, you should see what my workroom floor ends up like :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous bursts of colour on your work desk, what an amazing experience it must have been to attend a retreat with Dyan & Dina.. non stop inspiration. Thank you for sharing WOYWW.
    Creative wishes Tracey #10

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!