Wednesday, April 11, 2018

WOYWW #462


Happy WOYWW! What is this? Why, it is the fantabulous blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground where we open our craft room doors to show what our work desks look like on Wednesday.  And to show what fun crafty items everyone is working on. 

I have no idea where the time has gone!! I just realized it has been 5 weeks since I last visited WOYWW! 
Maybe all the snow storms have tricked my mind into thinking it’s still February and not April (and another 1-3 inch one is predicted tonight). 

But all this forced indoor time has left me with much crafty time, working on the Wanderlust class projects and then working on ATC swaps for—get ready—a Back to Back Art Journaling Retreat in Florida with Dyan Reaveley and Dina Wakley!! We (going with my BFF Julie) fly out tomorrow and come back Monday.  I am so excited I just can’t stand it!!!

So my desk is the pieces/parts for the ATC’s-I don’t want to show the finished ones, since there is a good chance they will be similar to the Anniversary swap.  Lots of little Tim Holtz Flower Pot die cuts…what on earth was I thinking???  I do have the coordinating stamp set,  but it was too detailed/dark, and quite overwhelming to stamp and the match the dies to over 90 of them.  Just a touch of pen seemed much better.  There is also a practice sheet of some watercolor exercises.  I bought a book "30 Days of Water Coloring"--because I have so much free crafting time??  That was Day 4.  Stay tuned!





Other projects: my Brothers Birthday Card, using Distress Oxides.  The stamp is from Northwoods.
(And I actually used a piece of my Washi stash!!! LOL)

Wanderlust Class with Jaime Avery working on sunrises using just one color of paint plus white and black. This is a Cape Cod Sunrise over the sand bars.  This was fun--I need to practice more!

Another Wanderlust Class with Marlene Meijer-van Niekerk using water colors and negative painting. The technique was a blast--now I need to try again using watercolor paper, and my own subject matter.  

So, there you have it. Now jump back to Julia’s and see some more creative spaces.  Stay Crafty, my Friends.


8 comments:

  1. I think all the snow you've been having has disrupted the time/space continuum 😉 Lovely to see you on the desks today - hope you have a wonderful time at the retreat!! Take lots of pics so we can join in with you.
    Hugs LLJ 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am jealous now! you will have such fun! your sunrise page looks great Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do a retreat so bad! You have done loads, I love those little hexagon things you have going on in the first picture. You aren't alone, I feel completely out of sync this year and only had about a weeks worth of snow a while back.

    Have a lovely week ahead,
    Carmen x #23

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe it is so long since you were last here! Looks like you've been very busy too. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks amazing and i'm especially loving those close ups of your wanderlust projects.. A vision of beauty, Thank your for sharing WOYWW.
    Creative wishes Tracey #21

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim I am so behind with my Wanderlust classes, but I love your pieces. Have a great week. Sarah #14

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim, what fabulous projects. They all look so amazing. Hope you soon get past all the snow. Enjoy your workshop! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some lovely and very different work on your blog post today - lovely to see all those ideas and techniques. Gosh it sounds cold where you are - and I thought it was cold here. No envy from me re the weather.
    Hugs, Neet xx 2

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!