Wednesday, November 22, 2017

WOYWW #442

Hello WOYWW Deskers!  It’s Wednesday, which means its “What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday”, a blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground. 
 
Zoinks!  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving!  Then a month till Christmas!  Fastest year ever!! 

My desk, still in Christmas Card mode.  Good news; I only have to make 15 more cards.  The bad news, I didn’t sell many at the craft show.  Did sell enough to cover the table costs; so that is something. 

So you see pieces-parts for a card idea.  The stamp is by Stampington & Co., I’ve probably had it for 15 years (remember it from the old house)…first time inked up.  I tried doing it in both black ink and silver embossing powder (since I’m using silver glitter paper for the die cut “Noel” (from Tim Holtz) that is the one on the right on the panel-the rest in a pile above the stamp) Think I've decided to just use the ink.  Hope it works.  The black frame is still up in the air; but will probably stay-as they are all cut out and hanging out in the upper right edge. The red panel is done with the Plaid texture fade from Tim Holtz, and black ink; that too is a maybe. At least they are all colored red (Distress inks; plain and oxide) and under the blocks flattening out.  The Poinsettia image is a Ken Oliver stamp and die set.  Will color those next, and then see where that takes me.  I’m not sure what else is floating around the margins there…hopefully nothing perishable, as this is how it was left Sunday night, not expecting to not be up there again until hopefully tonight. 

So here is my desk, now hop back to Julia’s and portal off to other creative desks around the world.  And even if I don’t get to leave comments, know I do peek on almost everyone during my wait times for the printer or on hold on the phone...my few moments for a creative sanity check.  Stay Crafty everyone, and to those that celebrate: Happy Thanksgiving!


6 comments:

  1. oh you're nearly done then! sorry the craft fair wasn't more successful for you. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous stamp, love it. Sometimes those shows are so disappointing. It can be difficult to know what people might want. Have a very happy woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely cards ..its quite difficult at craft shows some times to sell stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, you made me very happy to know I'm not the only one with stamps of that age still uninked! I shock myself sometimes, when I realise it. Love what you're doing, and the die cut words- just reminded me I bought that earlier this year,lol. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is a lovely stamp, and how nice to have it all new and waiting for you, no matter how long since you bought it! These craft sales are difficult aren't they...so difficult to know what people will want, and dont get me started on what people expect to pay for hand made!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woop! You have nearly finished ! Hehe have a fab day!
    Ellie#13

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!