Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WOYWW #295

Welcome to WOYWW…the “What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday”  blog hop created by Julia at the StampingGround,  so hop over there to join the fun.

“SQUEEEE!!” I’m gonna be teaching my first stamping/cardmaking class!!  Truly nothing major; at the town library, they never know how many folks will show up, my time and supplies are considered donations to the library...but it’s a start!! So my time this weekend was coming up with a plan and samples.  So what you see (look, still tidy!!) in the back, a possible sample using markers,(Rubber Necker Stamp set) and a possible sample of embossed (Judikins).   The class is being held on Valentine’s Day, and I don’t have many stamps for that (?? I know…right?)  but I may change the Celtic one for a valentines embossed one.

So, a question to all you educators: do you kit out a variety of cards, and they get to choose? Or are they all the same? As I’m not teaching in a well-equipped store, there won’t be much room for improvisation, but I remember taking a few classes at a LLS that all our pieces where identical, and that wasn’t so much fun.

Anywho, after playing around with those ideas, I thought I’d try to get in a few more lessons from the Online Card Classes “Stenciled”.  So, one sample is hanging out on the acrylic blocks; the other is on the mat. And you can see I haven’t put away the sponges (but the phone was put back to charge)  And there is my note pad, which should be here at work so I can start typing up directions, etc.   




















And here are the stenciled cards.  I really like how the Ink Splat one came out, but it’s practically identical to the sample in the class. This other one, the first pattern was of too light an ink, so the shift isn’t so noticeable.  And of course I screwed up the words, so had to layer a new piece to get them straight. 


So, there is my desk, as it was left Sunday afternoon, and sits still…now go jump to Julia’s to portal around the world. Have a great week everyone.


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! I'm sure they'll love making them!!!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your first class. Hard not knowing how many peeps will show up. I can't wait to hear how it goes. #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun teaching that class - those card samples are just great. I love that ink splat one - is the ink splat a stencil??
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Honeybun!! Have a word with Sandra of Stamping for Pleasure as she teaches classes and was talking about it today. She might be able to give you some pointers.
    Love your cards too. I must get my butt in gear and finish that course of...Need more time!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely samples! Love the splat card. As to teaching, I often used the same layout/ sketch but did the kits in different colors/ patterns and let them choose the kit that most appealed to them. This enables you to walk everyone through things step by step while letting them have some individuality. Then you can look at the left over kits and determine which colors seemed to be the most popular for future classes. Creative Blessings! Kelly #56

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found that offering choices that involved too much difference meant that there was confusion over 'cross contaminating' the supplies. You know...this one is red but she wants to do it in gold which comes from the other kist and the other lady is waiting to use the gold and blah.
    Also.....the more supplies you put out, the more you'll have mistreated I. Afraid. Not deliberately, but carelessly or in a hurry. Stamp,a won't be cleaned but plunged straight into a different colour ink pad, extra kits will be opened to use 'just' another piece of card becuase of a 'mistake'. That's why you've experienced everyone getting the same stuff to do in the past!
    I offer a paper kit and a basket of supplies needed to do a specific card that has a sample. And I'm quite strict about not swapping stuff between baskets.....but it seems to work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!