Saturday, July 13, 2013

Creative Chemistry FB July Challenge

Well, I missed a few months, but as July's challenge was "Patriotic-anything goes", I couldn't not enter. You see, and this is a tad embarrassing, but for the first 13 or so years of my life, I thought all the July 4th festivities were for my Birthday.  My actual Birthday is July 7, and as my parents worked and it was a holiday all the Aunts and Uncles had off, it became the party/cook-out day...and the fireworks were bonus!  So, as my Brother and Sister in Law had a Birthday BBQ on the 4th, it was only natural that the patriotic theme came up for a thank you card.

I started with a cool paper-weaving piece that I picked up from another Online Card Class..."Pattern Play" Yes, one of the few techniques I liked. And I've used it a lot.(I even have started my Christmas blocks with it).  TH's mini star was colored with Distress Marker Barn Door Red., the binding was stamped with a line of music, like in his July Tag, and colored with Festive Berry and Denim Distress Stains, used one of his number tokens, and because I wanted a Firework-ey filler...I stamped a Rubbernecker Swirl with Judikins White Diamond EP.

OK, back in the swing of things...see you for the August Challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Great card there Kim. I am sure that July 4th Holiday is really yours!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!