Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pattern Play Day 5


Well, it was done a while ago, but I’m finally posting my project from the 5th day of the Online Card Classes “Pattern Play”.  And I have to say, this day fit me!! This modified weave block makes such a nice accent. And its fun matching the papers. So much so that I’ve made quite a few blocks to have on hand. And as April is a big birthday month, here are two of the cards going out.

This one is for my brother. With this technique, all you need is one manly image (ok, so the bird not so manly, but he is a bird watcher…) and some strong patterns, and voila! I love the way the varnished pattern added texture...now I guess I'll have to start cutting into my Tim Holtz resist papers! LOL!

This one is for my Mother In Law.  The Calla Lilies were colored with distress markers. And now…I need some banner dies…/sigh! 
So, while I determined some of the techniqes just didn't work with my style, overall the class did help me break into the pattern paper stash, and even cut up a few sheets! They say it takes 30 days to make a habit: here's to seeing if thats true!!  To the  Pattern Paper...away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!