Saturday, October 15, 2011

Grungy-Spooky Monday #22



Wow..almost missed the first Grungy Monday Challenge over at Linda's Studio L3, which has been on a break, since it seems like forever! Our mission: A Halloween inspired project using one or more of Tim Holtz's products. While I don't have a dearth of Tim's wonderful products, I do have a dearth of halloween-type items. Don't know why: I love Halloween, I love costumes, ditto candy; I have just never "crafted" anything halloween, not even web cupcakes!! So, I have spent the whole week wondering what to do. Then Tim's blog gave me some inspiration- I have a stash of the Seasonal Grungeboard diecuts-under lock and key!! I thought I had the craft resist paper, but apparently not.



So..using one of the rare bats, I black dabbered it, then spritzed with the home-made blend of perfect-pearls mist. While that was drying, I colored a tag using the wrinkle free distress technique and Tim's new seasonal colors. I then Embossed the tag with Tim's old tree folder, and hit that with the Bundled twigs. I then realized I should have done the moon first...sigh. So , I cut out the moon from the Memory Box cat w/moon stamp, hit that with DI Mustard Seed, and the gold Perfect Pearl mist. I cut out a bit of letterblocks from the Seasonal Stash, stuck the bat over the cat-head in the moon, then just had to add the googly-eyed scaredy cat sticker on the bottom. And yay! I even found some black ribbon to finish it off. So, go pop over to Linda's to see what Grungy Monday is all about--you still have a smidge of time left! Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.

3 comments:

  1. oh hun,this really is one amazing tag just love those eyes on the cat spooky but brilliant hugs cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, spooky tag, love the cat as well. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this tag Kim. I too nearly missed Linda's posting. Phew!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!