Thursday, February 24, 2011

WOYWW #90



Good morning everyone! I got home early from work yesterday; had to get a filling replaced, and besided the numb feeling I was chewing my cheek, felt pretty good, so put the dogs out and got to work. My goal to get the March B-Day cards started, and do this weeks Compendium Challenge; and thats what's here...I'll be posting that shortly. I do so love alcohol inks! I think I need a few more colors; I love the new brights and pastels. Now, you may notice: I have a little drawer with my foam pads for my distress inks. I just can not figure out how many of you have the actual wooden holders for the pads! I had two, and it was driving me nuts changing the foams around, etc. Plus, the space needed for having mulitples for each color!! So I went with just the foams, and it seems to work just as well even without having a handle. I have another little drawer for my alcohol felts. If I'm using a similar color scheme, I reuse the felts until they're "done"! LOL! They seem to last for quite a while though. And yes, I still use the handle for the alcohol inks: that would be really messy otherwise! LOL! So, go visit the other
Wednesday Workspace wonders over at Stamping Ground!
Oh, last shot: one of my kittys, Ponder, has discovered the yarn basket: he will be banished like the dogs now too! LOL!

5 comments:

  1. Nice bright, cheerful desk Kim. I've only got a couple of the wooden handles too, I've seen some homemade ones that look really good, might ask my hubby to make a few for me! Love the kitty but they do like to get up to mischief don't they??

    Hugs
    Brenda 103

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wool-winding assistant, although I presume he works only to his own time schedule and method of winding...

    Bernie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very busy desk. I reuse the felts and sponges both. They are too expensive to just throw away. I have seen picks of TH desk with pads on the ink pads. Thanks for sharing. Sorry I am so late getting around but life happens. Vickie #148

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same - a piece of C&D for each colour of inkpad, but not tidied away in a neat draw - just shoved in a pot on the desk! I barely use the liquid inks, so I have one handle and that's plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ponder looks like my cat that passed in October 2010. His name was Smoat. He is missed dearly every day. We just got a new cat a month ago. SHe is from a shelter, is about 1 3/4 - 2 years old and is black. Her name is Cristabel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!