Friday, February 18, 2011

Inking...Masking....Stamping....#32!

Wow...week #32 in the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge with Linda @ StudioL3! Winding down, but I think the best have been saved for last. I admit, I love using masks, I just never remember to do it...unless my back is against the wall, and I have tried all other ridiculous solutions,which never work, and then, Duh! try a mask! LOL!

In case you haven't noticed, and I have only done 3 items with them, but I have a thing for pears...maybe I see myself in them, I don't know. I don't eat them raw, generally, but do make a mean pear crisp! And I have almost every pear stamp there is! So, it was the first stamp I thought of to give this a go (oh, and the fact that it would be easy to cut out the mask..that was in the brain as well!)
Now, (and I actually have to be quick..posting at work..shh) I probably could have made the background darker so the pear would have stood out more, but I really liked it at this level, and I actually remember all the previous challenges where I mentioned I should have stopped 2 steps earlier! I will, though, at least I think I will...go back and put some rock candy stickles inside the pear...today it seems to need it! The Pear came from Art Impressions (I so love this line; I really need to use them more often; they can be very grungy too!), the Pear Text came from A Stamp in the Hand, the Pear Kanji came from Onyxpressions (spelling?) and the Latin Text came from Anna Griffin. Yeah, that was done with Tea Dye DI...was a bit too red, maybe Pumice would have been better...but it does sorta go with the Aged Mahogany that was rubbed on the edges.
Well, better get going; need to keep the job to keep buying stuff! Have a great weekend (Holiday to you US-er's). Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. I can almost taste that delightful pear and it stands out perfectly! Beautiful masking and wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag, the pear looks good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag! that pear looks delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pear images too. Have quite a few and rarely use them. Thanks for the inspiration. I think what you did is perfect just the way it is! Wonderful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Kim, I love this elegant work of art. Your masking is sublime-- so masterfully done, and the imagery is gorgeous. I have always seen my self in the pear shape, so I can related to that! ;-)

    I wouldn't change a single thing about this, personally. It's really perfect just as it is.

    It's funny you should mention this-- I always forget to mask, too, unless I'm doing a challenge that calls for it. "Duh" on me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag. Love the colour and image.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!