Wednesday, November 10, 2010

CCC #21! Perfect Distress


Wow, week #21 already?? Over at Studio L3's Compenium Challenge we have been progressing nicely through Tim's book. This week: page 38, the Perfect Distress technique. Now, this was one of those challenges that upon thumbing through the book the first time, a certain stamp jumped out at me. Not to mess with the muse, I pushed all the Christmas stuff aside, and dug it out. And in a pre-senior moment...I just can't remember who made it...Magenta, maybe? Anyway, I love this stamp, even though it is HUGE! (by card-making standards! LOL!)


So, off I go with the mustards and staws and a dab of..hmm, corderoy or photo, no maybe burlap (where is my memory this morning?), the background was done. Not thinking things through, I immediately stamped my image in Ancient Mahogany...and dusted with copper PP's....TOO SOON! I never dried the background..ugh! So, take two, wasn't in such a rush..and..yupper! It looks pretty much like I hoped! Of course I then needed every trick in my photo-background toolbox to get the shiney-ness to appear; lets just say, thank god I've gone digital--easily a whole roll would have been spent trying to get a clear, focused image!
So, I really like this technique. With the right image it could be your main focus, but it can also make a really cool backgound. Thanks again Linda for running these challenges! Have a great crafty week everyone!

8 comments:

  1. This turned out great! it is definitely hard to get the full effect captured in a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful Kim! I love the colors you used and the contrast with the "pearls" is stunning! These or at least mine were very difficult to capture the true colors or shimmer! I can see the shimmer in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just gorgoues hun so love the colurs you have used hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is fabulous. I love the colours and that stamp is great. Your shimmer effect shows up really well.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great instinct, Kim-- this stamp is amazing, and worked beautifully for the Perfect Distress technique! And then, you chose the most stunning colors for it, which took it straight into the stratosphere of gorgeousness!

    Please share your photography tips-- you pulled off something few of have have been able to manage (I certainly didn't!)-- the shimmer on this card jumps right off the screen! It's so, so gorgeous, and you've definitely put the "perfect" in "perfect distress!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool piece! Love the image that is so different from what most of us are using these days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!