Wednesday, February 7, 2018

WOYWW #453

Welcome to WOYWW! What is this? Why, it is the fantabulous blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground where we open our craft room doors to show what our work desks look like on Wednesday.  And to show what fun crafty items everyone is working on. 

And here is my desk, as it has sat since Sunday. The Wanderlust theme this week was Castles, real or imaginary.  And you know me…I’m a sucker for ancient ruins, of which there are none over here, but conveniently, back on our Honeymoon, I got to explore McGrath Castle (which I haven’t been able to directly trace back with my family, but I’ve gotten at least in the area and within 100 years).  Really wish I knew what happened to the family bible my Aunt Kitty had! 

So you can sort of see the photo upper right that I was trying to copy. Since I’m still new to watercolors, I’m surprised its not all blotchy and you can tell what it is! (My Brother got it immediately!) Now I need to decide what to do with it.

There are some paints, brushes and inks still hovering about.  The white envelope top left has my Stencil Girl Club stencils from January that even I can’t believe I haven’t opened yet!  The Paper Artsy Alphabet stamp set has become one of my favorites, and even I don’t know what might be hiding under the rest of that stack of papers.

So, there you have it. Now jump back to Julia’s and see some more creative spaces.  Stay Crafty, my Friends.


9 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, awesome desk shot, and a great painting too. Have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #11 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, super desk and the painting of the castle is lovely. Wouldn't it be great to find a family connection to a castle? Hope you find the family bible one day - someone is bound to have it tucked away in an attic somewhere. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #30

    ReplyDelete
  3. your castle looks great; and how wonderful to have traced your family back - so near and yet so far, eh?! Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo Kim, I love that you can get the old ancestry within a century and in the area.....given the age of some of these places, that’s pretty close! Really like thatbyounuse that alpha so much, warms my heart that we can still get great value from stamps! your watercolour is great, and if your brother recognised it, then it’s a nail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim. Busy desk and a great painting too. Have a lovely woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  6. An unopened envelop with stencils??? I could never leave that for more than five minutes... I love the painting, you did a real good job! Have a great week. Hug from Holland, Marit #26

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely painting.
    Second drawing of a castle I saw today. :)

    Have a great week!
    Happy WOYWW,
    Sussie nr 38.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous desk and castle painting! Love it!
    ~Sandy from Texas #37
    Sandy Trefger Creative Designs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great castle watercolour Kim. I haven't even started mine yet! Mind you having seen the latest lesson, I feel some journal making and book binding coming on over half term when I have more time. Have a good week. Sarah #20

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!