Wednesday, April 29, 2015

CC3C # 27:: Embossing Diffusers, Pg. 61

Welcome to another installment of the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge, Vol. 3, hosted by Linda at Studio L3.  This is the Twenty-seventh challenge in where we work through the techniques of Tim Holtz from, you guessed it…his 3rd Volume of the Compendium of Curiosities!!  As in the past challenges, we can’t give details on the challenge, so don’t ask, but do go get your own copy of Tim’s fabulous book.  Also, InspirationEmporium has offered an extremely generous $50 Gift Certificate for all the odd numbered Challenges! So grab a copy, and join in to play!!  All the deets are here, at Linda’s blog!

First; I love the idea of these Embossing Diffusers, and have had them since they came out.  I do wish they were a bit more “moveable”, as centered doesn’t always work for me, but I do understand there are physical limits, so I’ll deal! LOL!  Now, while I can’t go into details…you need to get our own copy of Tim’s great book, I will say WoW! What a difference the last 3 steps make!  So I’ll find myself centered more often! LOL!

Here is the card that I not only got to use this technique on, but I also finally got to play with the new Flower Garden Stamp set.  I used Tim’s watercolor paper, used Distress Markers to color, discovered the Sizzix oval dies fit perfectly with the diffuser size, and that oval worked best with the Black Eyed Susan.  I then chose the burlap texture folder, as it seemed a more natural choice for this flower. Gave it a quick distressing around the edges and sanded the top for good measure.

My Bee is my disappointment; when will I learn, when seeing something cool (in this case, really cool Bee Charms at a stamp show a few years ago) Buy Them!  Yes, it adds to the hoard mentality, but then I‘d have a really cool bee, and not this stamped one that I tried to jazz up with Rock Candy Glitter. But overall, I’m pretty happy with it. 

Now go visit the wonderful Curiosity Crew’s work to see how they used the Embossing Diffusers! Have a great week everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kim. Love your card front! The burlap style of embossing with the diffused oval in the center is a great combintation. I love your stamped and colored black eyed susan in the center! Such a classic spring/summer design! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kim! I love that flower and the bee looks good to me...but then I am biased!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim you've done such a beautiful jog with this challenge! I love how you positioned the cone flower and then your bee is positioned outside of the defined oval. Nicely balanced and very organic. Just a lovely use of the Embossing Diffusers, I'm glad you're enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the flower so perfectly colored, and love the embossing! Thanks so much for joining in on the diffuser fun at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the diffuser. Love the burlap! Tfs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!