Monday, July 28, 2014

CC3C #7: Painted Industrial

Welcome to another installment of the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge, Vol. 3, hosted by Linda at Studio L3.  This is the third challenge in where we work through the techniques of Tim Holtz from, you guessed it…his 3rd Volume of the Compendium of Curiosities!!  As in the past challenges, we can’t give details on the challenge, so don’t ask, but do go get your own copy of Tim’s fabulous book.  Also, Inspiration Emporium has offered an extremely generous $50 Gift Certificate for all the odd numbered Challenges! So grab a copy, and join in to play!!  All the deets are here, at Linda’s blog!

Some preliminaries: I have done this technique before, in a workshop with Tim and from following one of his videos.  I really like this effect.  And my Muse has apparently skipped the country, is not returning my calls or emails, but has left various personal belongings in her hang-out, so yes, I have MCIS (Muse Criminal Investigative Services) on it, even though there has been no ransom note, and they feel that she has left on her own volition; some have speculated driven away by the untidiness.  Hogwash—I say!
                      
So this is what I am left with…the new Layered Butterfly, which I used the technique on, with chipped sapphire and Wild honey.  I was hoping for a more outlined effect, but overall I like it-more aged patina then clean industrial.  The rest of the card is one hot mess.  I used Chipped Sapphire as the tie-in; but the color shift on the butterfly didn’t help.  Looking at photo, I think I’ll go in and touch the edges with Wild Honey to warm up the background.  And maybe re-do the trellis “inserts” with a honey/sapphire print to bring in more color….or maybe make a different card for the birthday, and do another burlap panel with the butterfly… 

There is still a week to play along.   Stop at Linda’s to get all the details. Have a great week everyone.

4 comments:

  1. I keep seeing this butterfly on everyone's blog, it has gone from my wishlist to my NEED list! Love the paint you used on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That butterfly is AMAZING!!!! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining on this metalicious challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim. Your layered butterfly done in the painted industrial technique looks fantastic on this card. I just received mine and can't wait to play with it!!! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, your butterfly is gorgeous! I love the painted industrial effect on this flying beauty! I need one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!