Wednesday, July 25, 2012

CC2C #14 (&13)-Guilded Glassine

This week Linda over at Studio L3 has chosen the Guilded Kraft Glassine, page 39, from Tim's wonderful Compendium of Cursiosities Vol. 2 Challenge.  And since I was away last week, I also did a bit of last weeks technique, the spritz and flick, but it's not very noticeable. 

My colors where meadow, willow and lettuce for the vine, and butterscotch, peach melba and terra cotta for the flowers, with walnut stain as the top coat.  And I layed out where to stamp the "create" 3 times!!! Why it ran afoul of the vine I have no idea!!! 
I still have to "pretty it up" a bit before it goes on the wall, but I do like the way the glassine works.  Even though the paper is dark, it still took some of the yellows.  I should have tried the pearl instead of the gold mixatives though. 

So, while there isn't much time left, jump over to Linda's and check out the challenge.  This week there is a prize donated by Funkie Junkie Boutique, so go get your guilded glassine on!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty piece there Honey! Lovely colours.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun tag! I love the swirl that "stem" and your flower is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!