Friday, February 3, 2012

GM #34: Cackeling...Crackeling

Welcome to the 34th Grungy Monday assignment from Linda at Studio L3. This week we get to play with Distress Crackle paints, and explore Tim Holtz's Crackle Resist. This is actually funny, as my very first bottles of crackle paint were the antique linen and tattered rose: I felt they were the lightest colors, and I could then ink them after they crackled with the colors I'd actually want! (instead of buying a bunch) I didn't know they resisted inks then! I will say, that even knowing you can re-constitute them, and they will always crack, I am a tad dissapointed in the longevity of them, as I don't go in to remix them monthly, and some were dry solid! Has anyone tried storing them upside down to see if that helps? (Someone told me to do that with stencil modeling paste). Anyway....

As the first one that was useable: I was directed into the Lavender crackle...it was still pretty tough to spread it on, so it ended up on a larger area than I intended. While it was drying, I stamped the Memory Box butterfly in Seedless Preserves (also Dusty Concord and Milled Lavender...but they didnt' make it to the tag.)

Then I covered them with the Rock Candy Crackle. Duh...I forgot the ink would run with the crackle, but not bad!I had made a stamp out of Tim's Small Flourish die, and used that as the accent. I wanted to do a Grunge Block, with purples, but I didn't have a B I liked left, so I used the Salvage sticker..

Here is a detail of the crackle..which is an effect I really love! And I do love the one step convenience of the Distress Crackle paints...I guess I should keep them out, and make a point of mixing them monthly...hmmm, give dog heartworm and tick stuff, mix paints..that should work!

So...there is still some time left...go mix up those crackle paints and give it a go!! Have a great weekend everyone!! And for those in the US....Go Giants!!!




3 comments:

  1. lovely colouring , it turned out really pretty
    thanks for sharing
    janet #41

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Kim despite your trials and tribulations. Always love a flutterby!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!