Wednesday, August 8, 2018

WOYWW #479


Happy WOYWW! WOYWW? You ask?  It is the What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground where we open our craft room doors to show what our work desks look like on Wednesday.  And to show what fun crafty items everyone is working on. 

So, August 8! I completely missed July.  Mostly because of traveling for work—but even once home I’ve had very little time, or it’s just been too hot to be upstairs in the craft room. So, when I am up here, it’s been a bit hectic. Oh heavens: just looking at this photo even makes my skin crawl.  And since when has that punch been there? And the HoHo envelope is holding a Michael's gift card that I was going to spend on my lunch hour, in 10 minutes.  /sigh.


Front and center is my spread for the Wanderlust Class.  I know I’m tried too hard because I really wanted this one to work-and it sort of looks like a hot mess.  I got carried away with the Paper Artsy Inclusions powder, thinking it would look like the book had been in the field when gathering the flowers, and now the pages really do look muddy.  Any my poor dried daisy is losing its petals.  I’m going to give it one more coat of gel medium, once my hands are less sticky, to see if that helps. I love the scent of the Indian Paintbrush, and it sorta carries, even when dried!  I also need to finish the journaling part, once everything is dry. The lavender is a gel medium photo transfer; worked really cool onto canvas!!

My DH went above and beyond for my birthday this year. We took a lovely road trip into Connecticut and discovered a fabulous store, Inspiration Station in Stratford Springs.  He kept insisting I fill up my little basket with goodies, papers, etc.  What you don’t see is the Tim Holtz Media Mat that is waiting for me to make space for it…it is HUGE!  (well, compared to my usual working area of 6x9 inches! LOL!)  He also had pre-ordered the Tim Holtz Lift Ink bundle and the Dina Wakley Paint Pouring bundle—everything arrived while I was gone, (and is scattered above the journal) EXCEPT the pouring medium, which is on back-order.  That is just too cruel!  I’m hoping to play with the lift off inks this weekend, and I can’t wait to jump into paint pouring! 

The Dylusions Dyalog further up the pile I'll save for another day...chalk it up to me and my big ideas.



Finally, here is another lesson from the Wanderlust class called “Taming the Mountains” by Tori Weyers.  As much as I love the mountains I live on, they are not visually diverse, so I used an image of Hidden Lake in the Adirondacks.   One was to be more realistic, while the other fanciful. 

So, there you have it.  Now jump back to Julia’s and see some more creative spaces.  Stay Crafty, my friends!

12 comments:

  1. Now he's the sort of husband to have!! Lol, I'm very lucky in that G is the same. It sounds like you had a lovely time away and I'm so pleased that you're enjoying the Wanderlust classes, the paintings are fab!
    Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mountain paintings are great and I really like the pressed flower pages. Sound like you had a really lovely time away. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a lovely week. Caro x (#14)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your pages look just fabulous! I am several weeks behind on viewing wanderlust (again!!) glad you had a good trip, but it's good to see your desk again. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you are far more up to date with your Wanderlust creations than I am Kim. Apart from downloading the videos I haven't done any of the lessons for months. I like the wild flower spread! Have a great week. Sarah #8

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy WOYWW.
    Have a great week xx Jan 34

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pages, loving the flowers too. Have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim, how cool- you have a Hubby like mine. I swear, ever since he started accompanying me to craft stores & events, he spends twice as much as I would, lol. Love all the stuff I can see on your desk, and the paintings are fab. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely crafting delights on your desk including the lovely layouts. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good day. Sorry I’m late commenting- Hazel, WOYWW #15 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can imagine that feeling of just filling up that craft basket, Happy belated Birthday and enjoy it ALL.. How lovely to have such a view, your artwork is super.
    Creative wishes & Thank you for sharing Tracey #6

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those landscapes! Amazing our our workstations can become utter chaos in our absence! Those little elves just have no control. hehe Creative Blessings! Kelly #18

    ReplyDelete
  11. And here I am so cold at my desk that I can hardly type! What a wonderful hubby you have. and Yes, how cruel that the pouring medium is on back order! Have fun when you get round to it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!