Wednesday, January 2, 2019

WOYWW #500!


Happy New Year! And Happy first WOYWW post of the year as well.  For those unfamiliar, that is “What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday”, an international blog hop hosted by Julia at The StampingGround.  And #500!  What a post to come back to!


I have been absent from blogging since August; things had gotten a tad crazy at work, a minor health scare thankfully resolved in September, ended up losing my job middle of December, and while I was constantly crafting, it was more of a “catch-up; get ‘er done” kinda thing. 

So this year; I will take time for myself; (obviously not taking lunch hours at work mean nothing,) I will enjoy the process of creating.   I will explore new opportunities, keep an open mind, and be positive to new situations.  I will also be more diligent in fighting the hoarding syndrome and cleaning and organizing my life and space.  I will work on getting healthier. (Hmmm; finding a new job is also on the list; but it seems like there’s not a lot of time left over! LOL!)

And, while blogging more is also an intention, I do Instagram far more frequently.  Please follow me @pussnflutes.   

So, my desk this Wednesday afternoon; clean and clear (I said I’d be more diligent-not perfect!) and ready for the first Wanderlust lesson of 2019!  Two Journals are ready to go.  Most of my supplies are tidied and ready to grab. You see my Advent Calendar Journal top left;(visit my Instagram to see those images) and, since you can see the floor under the futon; those are all my Christmas stamps, ready for the fall (did I mention less procrastination as well?).

Welcome to 2019—a Year of New Beginnings!

Now go back to Julia's and share your space.  We want to see what your new year brings...

11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Kim, it sounds like the start of a new chapter. Enjoy the me-time you'll now get and don't feel guilty! I jeep thinking I should get a job but early retirement is wonderful!!
    Hugs LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim. I wish you a very happy and blessed new year. My goodness - if you manage all that... well, I stand in awe! All the very6 best with getting the time to look for a new job... or do you want to actually stay at home and complete all your other wishes??!! :-)
    Take care girl. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you were glad to see the end of 2018 but welcome back with your desk it's good to see you again. I hope you enjoy the new Wanderlust, I haven't signed up this year as I never watched all of last year and didn't do any of the projects. Good luck! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Kim. The year didn't end too well for year - let's hope this year is a lot better, and you land the perfect job, and get as much crafting in as you want. Thanks for stopping by earlier. Have a lovely week Heather x #33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 500 and Happy New Year! Make this year all about putting yourself first!
    My best friend is facing redundancy after 14 years at the same company.. when I asked what he will do.. he told me it was a good opportunity to do something he really wants to do... but he's not sure anyone needs a beer taster lol

    Best wishes for 2019.

    Sumbunneh hugs,
    Erika #35

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Your list of plans for this year is a great idea and there are several things on the list that I need to do. Let's hope the plan works. Looking forward to another year of friendly creativity. Happy New Year and big hugs, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like 2019 is the year for you to find yourself and enjoy those creative times. Wishing you health, happiness & a crafty New Year.
    Happy 500th woyww Tracey #14

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Kim. Sorry to hear about your job, especially at that time. Glad that you are taking some time for yourself. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim,love all the resolutions- I'm terrible at keeping any. Good luck with the job search- the right one will come along.Just followed you on Instagram, Happy New Year, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Kim! So sorry about the job, argh....never give up a lunch break again I say. I expect you’ll find a new job just as you’re getting used to being so busy you don’t have time to work! Love your resolutions...especially the diligent not perfect.....seems like a fine example to set to me, when so far the only one can I reasonably achieve is not to be a horrible warning as examples go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim, certainly a busy and event filled few months, pray a new job suitably appears as efficiently as the old one went! Love your desk and it is indeed piled high with good intentions, congrats and I too resolve to be more organised this year. I pray so anyway.
    I’m trying to get around to everyone on WOYWW 500!
    Phew almost done. Do Instagram under sufferance, ie not often I’m gumnut66.
    Not logged in here sorry.
    Every blessing for 2019.
    Hugs Shaz in Oz.x #10

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
    {Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!