Wednesday, June 27, 2018

WOYWW #473


Happy WOYWW! WOYWW? You ask?  It is the What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground where we open our craft room doors to show what our work desks look like on Wednesday.  And to show what fun crafty items everyone is working on. 


I know…I’m not sure what happened either.  And it didn’t just happen at my journaling desk..lookit:  it happened at the card making desk too!

All this open room is sorta freaking me out.  But it was necessary as I have to get into full card making mode for upcoming birthdays, a few fall craft fairs, and…you are all thinking it…Christmas.
That is a Sheena Douglas 3D Embossing folder I had gotten from the Home Shopping Network craft Marathon months ago. I'm just now trying to use it; it didn't come with any sandwich instructions, and I have the Vagabond and a Big Shot, and I just can not find a way to get it to go through the machines!  Too thick with two cutting plates, too thin with crease folder and all the shims...any ideas?  

I also did get some creating done this weekend.  Here is the finished page of the second half of Kasia’s Wanderlust lesson on using photographs and trees. 

And then, to avoid the hoarder syndrome: last week’s really, really, nice watercolor journal?  Look!! I used it!  It came with a set of water color pencils, so I used my new Darkroom Door stamps (I just had to get thanks to an Instagram post-I have a thing for grape hyacinths!) stamped in pale gray, then colored with the pencils and watered down to blend.  I didn’t ruin the book; the pages don’t suck, I don’t have to hold this book to immaculate standards.  It is just a book, with really, really nice watercolor paper.  (OK, now I have to do that with the Dina Wakley journal…shame to have that sitting there never to be used!!)


So, there you have it.  Now jump back to Julia’s and see some more creative spaces.  Stay Crafty, my friends!

12 comments:

  1. I do love your week 24 with Kasia in Wanderlust. They have had so many fabulous post this year it is hard to keep up. I think your wc book is lovely. Great idea for a journal.
    Monica #35

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, love your pieces! They are awesome. I have some of those folders, but haven't tried them yet. When I get this problem, I go with one cutting plate, then start shimming with chipboard/ cardstock till I get the proper finish. Hope that helps. :) Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Kim I can't help you with those folders as I don't have either of your machines nor any of the CC 3D folders (although I do have some Spellbinders 3D folders). I hope you manage to figure something out. Love the pages in the watercolour journal, now go for it in the Dina Wakley one lol! Happy WOYWW Sarah #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Kim, I can't help either, though I have both your machines. I gave up on the Vagabond because I could never remember how to use it, and had to read instructions/watch video EVERY time! Finally bought the Big Shot. Not sure why your folder won't work, I haven't had problems with mine, but then I don't have the same 3-D folder that you have-must be thicker? I feel your pain about empty space - I have been dealing with that for awhile now, every time I go to take a picture it's NEAT! How does this happen? I love your Wanderlust painting with the photo! Have fun with your card making! Lindart #38

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my,, tidy or what! loving your wanderlust lessons. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that pages and the water colouring. What bliss to have two workdesks ... and lots of interest on both. Thanks for sharing - Hazel WOYWW #8 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim, great projects this week and so tidy too. You mentioned about the 3D embossing folders. I have had a problem with his too however it works in my big shot by using the standard platform, folder and card inserted, grey embossing mat and then one cutting plate. The mat will move a little so just take your time winding the machine but it does give a good embossed finish. Hope that helps. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim i've not got any of those SD Folders so I do not know what to suggest. Hope you find a solution sometime soon as it's such a shame not to be able to use.
    What a fabulous journal page and I adore those watercolours, always good when we see something we like and we can find where to get it.
    Thank you for sharing WOYWW, have a super week.
    Creative wishes Tracey #4

    ReplyDelete


  9. Gee Kim, I’ve been complaining about my gimpy keyboard for awhile, but my mouse has always worked great. That is, until today. I had to buy a new mouse just so I could maneuver between blogs. That’s why I’m really late visiting today.

    I don't have a die cutter, so can't really help you. But I see you have been busy, and those watercolors are beautiful, as is your journal page.

    Happy WOYWW from #3.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to start a new journal with a lovely page like that! Lovely! Your desks dont scare me, but I agree, having space is alarming when you work in a square inch of space as a norm! I have one 3d folder and a big shot. I use the white platform without the page shims and just the two regular plates. I wonder if all the 3d folders are going to be different. Argh. Don’t you hate being the one who has to do the research!! Hope you can suss it quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree page is just gorgeous - I love the technique, it's really effective. And your watercolour journal is beautiful too, such pretty, delicate paintings.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana x #17

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pages with the flowers, they are beautiful, I must admit I very often end up with more paint and ink on my desk than the card, very often on my arms too.
    Jan S #29

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!