Wednesday, June 13, 2018

WOYWW #471


Happy WOYWW! WOYWW? You ask?  It is the What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground where we open our craft room doors to show what our work desks look like on Wednesday.  And to show what fun crafty items everyone is working on. 

First--does anyone know how to turn back on the email notifications?  I still show it in my settings, but I'm not getting any. Since I do my blogging at work (Lunch hour--really!) it's nice to be able to see comments without actually entering Blogger.


So, a real quickie this week.  Yes, this desk is a mess, as is my card making desk.  When you have the option of 1) spending 30 minutes tidying and reorganizing, and then 30 minutes crafting, or 2) shove everything back and craft for an hour…Guess which wins? 

So, you see the bouquet of flowers I bought for subject matter for the Wanderlust lesson.  It was mindful nature artwork with Chrissy Foreman Cranitch.  Very cool lesson!  A bonus that it actually looks like lilies!!  The watercolors are from Prima Marketing...love these little sets!  The Dylusion’s inks are out from working on my new Dyalog (crazy idea to use it as an inventory of supplies—stay tuned, and stop laughing!)   I also finally finished filling up all the watercolor pens , which are hiding behind the vase.  They all belong in the tote that is currently holding my IPad…didn’t want to take the time to lift it and move them. (The phone is still there, and will be dead by the time I get back upstairs) The pile in front of the iPad is about 4 inches high, and has some stamp sets, a small watercolor paper pad, and I honestly don’t know what else.  You can see a white box  in the back that has my Color Bursts (American Brusho’s) that I listed for my inventory-ing. 

I did close up the paints before I headed downstairs, and underneath was the first exercise from the Wanderlust lesson.  To draw an object without looking at the paper.  It was hard not to peek—we were allowed to look when we changed elements, so my roses and zinnia (?) didn’t all end up on top of the lily.  I was really surprised how this came out! I figured they would all be a hopeless blob! 

So, there you have it.  Now jump back to Julia’s and see some more creative spaces.  Stay Crafty, my friends!


11 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, love the experiment. It is surprising how well it turned out, I agree. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz#8 XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am about 2 or 3 weeks behind on even watching the lessons.... must try and catch up! I like your flowers, I think they look great. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your art work and those gorgeous flowers too. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x18x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vase of flowers and love your crafting of flowers too. Thanks for sharing today - Hazel, WOYWW 472 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your experiment turned out great. The flowers looked like you actually spent time creating them. This was a beautiful experiment on your part.

    Although I don't use e-mail for comments, from what I understand, IF you want to received e-updates, you MUST use pop-up comments, not embedded ones like you are doing now. After you write your post, leave a comment to YOURSELF. Then, after you see your name, the second line contains a box that you click to receive comments to your e-mails. I hope that made sense. Any questions, please ask on my blog. Happy WOYWW from # 6.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work Kim, the watercolour flowers are beautiful and the experiment worked amazingly well.
    I too have had trouble getting email notifications, isn't it annoying!
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana x #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim. Draw an object without looking at the paper??? EEK!!! You did really well! Congrats. I know we all set ourselves challenges... mine this last week was towing the caravan on my own for over 100 miles each way - but, honestly, that was nothing compared with drawing without looking! I love your desk today - and your philosophy! Why ever would we take half of our time to tidy... and then the other half getting it all out again because we need it??!!
    Take care, girl. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated WOYWW. Lovely flowers. I have done a similar drawing exercise, and also in a workshop where we passed the paper round, with one minute on each piece. I got a lovely piece of artwork back - and must do something with it. I tried sending the comment to myself, and now get the emails when the comments are published, but I am not getting the emails I used to get showing that there are comments waiting to be published. Annoying that it has changed. Ali x #11

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kim, I can't believe that you drew those lilies without looking at the paper. Well done! Have a great week. Sarah #16

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful colours! I'm a push it to the side and get on with the crafting girl myself.. although I have to tidy everything at the moment due to family invasion soon!

    Sumbunneh hugs x
    Erika #13

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not having the email notifications is a real pain in the bum huh? I haven't been able to rectify it...sigh. Wow, look at that amazing drawing of the lily, I can't believe you did that without looking!!
    Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!