Wednesday, December 6, 2017

WOYWW #444


Hello WOYWW Deskers!  It’s Wednesday, which means its “What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday”, a blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground

I am very happy to report that all the cards are done! And now my next few weeks of lunch hours will be spent writing them.  And hoping I didn’t forget someone and have to make one or two more! LOL!

This means I got to spend some time this weekend trying to catch up on my journaling, namely the Wanderlust course, since it sort of became a casualty of my crazy summer and fall.  I can honestly say I have watched all the lessons; but am a bit sad there are probably 10 or 11 I didn’t get to try.  Next Year Baby!! 

So what you see; on the left: all the paints I used on the last “One Collage” page.  I can’t show it yet…next week though.  The thistle mask (messy thing on the right) comes from Green Pepper Press Stencils. Can honestly say I don't know why it's there, as I haven't used it in a while.  The white scalloped thing on the craft sheet (from Ken Oliver Designs; like my Ranger one better) is Wendy Vecchi’s paint palette.  I found it on sale; and kinda like it, so far.  Easier to clean than the real paint palette’s, and better than using paper plates you throw out  (well, they are still easier…but not so much for the earth).  The mess further back: stencils that need to be re-filed, a mini distress ink tin, misc. stamp sets, a stack of art journals, and some ink sprays that all need to get put away.  Yup, my journaling desk is in its usual state of disarray. 

And here is the completed card from last week.  Ken Oliver Designs stamp and die set, colored with Color Burst pigments. Tim Holtz Texture fade on the background.


So here is my desk, now hop back to Julia’s and portal off to other creative desks around the world.  And even if I don’t get to leave comments, know I do peek on almost everyone during my wait times for the printer or on hold on the phone...my few moments for a creative sanity check.  Stay Crafty everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, great card, and lots to see on your desk. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #2 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kim! Your card is so pretty! Have a crafty week.
    Ellie #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!! Happy WOYWW xo Cheetarah #26

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, well done for finishing your cards, that's a mammoth task completed. You can feel justifiably proud of yourself for that one. I can truly say that all gins are not the same, there are so many different varieties that have subtle flavour changes - so many gins, so little time :-D. Next time you're in the UK, you'll have to come and sample some!
    Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim. Well done on the card front! I gave up in the end - and designed one on the computer using my own photos - not the same, but necessary this year!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim, love the texture on that card front, it sets off the poinsettias perfectly. Well done for finishing all the cards. Happy WOYWW Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even start making anything for this year's classes and am now a couple of weeks behind - been too busy lately with my cards (finished, apart from writing) to watch. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah it doesnt matter when, just get to the Wanderlust when the mood hits you, its all good! Love the poinsettia card, really rich. Had to laugh about the thistle stencil’s presence, I thought that only happened on my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely busy creative desk, well done on the Christmas cards...Love the Poinsettias... simply perfect... Happy WOYWW....May #3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had planned to write some cards tonight but it doesn't look as though it will happen now. Good luck with getting yours done. Have a lovely crafty woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim, I like the Christmas card, the flowers are lovely! Thanks for stopping by earlier! I don't feel guilty spending time in my craft room when hubby is gaming! I have a craft desk in the lounge so occasionally stay in there, and do some crafting. Have a lovely week, heather #22

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely desk full of goodies, wonderful! I love your poinsettia card, so festive and super-beautiful!
    Happy woyww
    Victoria #32

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful Christmas card!
    Have a great weekend,
    Sussie nr 5 WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!